Poll: Italians in Chicago -or- Mexicans in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Italians in Chicago -or- Mexicans in Toronto

OK, in a few weeks my company is going to send a couple buses out to pick up these international soccer teams from their respective ports of entry (or whatever) and bring them back to Iowa. I can't decide which team I'd rather pick up. I have family that I like to visit in Chicago and it's an easier drive, although I've only been to Toronto one other time and I don't mind driving too much. Motorcoaches are so much nicer to drive than regular cars anyway.

So which team should I go pick up?

Mike

May 17, 2003 - The Des Moines Menace announced today that Under 19 teams from two of the premier clubs in the world, Italy’s Juventus and Mexico’s Morelia Monarcas, will make their way to Iowa this summer for June 22 exhibition matches with the Premier Development League (PDL) club and a team of Iowa High School All Stars.

The night of international play will kickoff at 5:30 pm with a match-up between the Mexican club and a select group of senior high school players from across the state. At 7:30 pm, the Juventus Primavera team will take the field against the Menace.......
    Italians in Chicago
    0%
    Mexicans in Toronto
    0%
    Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
    lp.org

Go see Italy! They're one of the best teams in the world. Let's hope some of their stars actually show up for this game because they've been known to skip out. I like Chicago as a city better (i lived in TO for a few months), but the Italian team is much, much better than the Mexican team. Also, our dollar will go further in Toronto compared to Chicago.

Damn...I'd consider flying to Toronto to meet the Italian soccer team!

Comment

What? They're U19 teams, how good could they be?

And the Italian team is arriving in Chicago, btw.
      Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
      lp.org

Comment

I've had a bit too much to drink this evening, so forgive the mistake. Go to Chicago. And U19 teams really are that good. Italy's is one of the best.

Comment

thats right! Italy is the best team! FORZA AZZURI!
          YuL_aIrPlAnE_fReAk

Bienvenue ŕ bord les ailes d'Air Transat!

Comment

Working...
          X