No announcement yet.

One crazy weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great week Clovis. I had a blast, looking foreward to seeing the "other" photos

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN

Actually, the same frequency can be recorded on CD, 8-Track, vinyl etc. The difference is that if you look at an analog wave form of any frequency it is continuous, (see above image) whereas a digital recording has to sample the frequency many time a second to get a piece of that wave. The higher the sampling rate, the closer to the original wave without the missing pieces (red spots in below image).

A digital recording of an analog sound wave cannot capture and reproduce the exact wave. Instead, it takes snapshots of the sound wave at a certain rate per second, which produces a digital approximation of the analog sound wave. The term "sample" refers to the number of snapshots of a sound wave taken per second. The more snapshots per second, the higher the sound fidelity -- the similarity between the original and the reproduced signal.

Sample resolution, measured in bits (bit depth), determines how accurately a range of sound can be reproduced in each sample. The more bits, the more accurate the sound will be. Sound samples usually contain 8, 16, or 24 bits per sample. An 8-bit recording is noisier (less accurate) than a 16-bit or 24-bit recording because the sound wave doesn't record as precisely. An 8-bit recording has a maximum of 256 recording values, a 16-bit recording has a maximum of 65,536 values, and a 24-bit recording has a maximum of 16,777,216 values -- much more precise. The higher bit depths are better for music, which generally has a large dynamic range -- the difference between the loudest and softest sounds.

The problem with vinyl is that it is never exactly the same twice as there is a considerable amount of wear induced by the needle dragging through the groves, whereas a cd or dvd will be exactly the same each time it it played.

To follow up on what you wrote Jeff, you will never see an mp3 burned to CD being played in a club....only very high quality wav files. Because even high kbps MP3 will not sound as good.

Although the DJ me and Dan saw on Saturday plays neither CD nor Vynil. Like I explained in another thread, Sasha uses wav samples loaded into Ableton live software to mix, blend, edit, loop and play tracks.

Here he is on Saturday with his custom controller and laptop:

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
        To follow up on what you wrote Jeff, you will never see an mp3 burned to CD being played in a club....only very high quality wav files. Because even high kbps MP3 will not sound as good.

Although the DJ me and Dan saw on Saturday plays neither CD nor Vynil. Like I explained in another thread, Sasha uses wav samples loaded into Ableton live software to mix, blend, edit, loop and play tracks.

Here he is on Saturday with his custom controller and laptop:

Plus you cant manually scratch a CD.
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
          Very true! MP3's are mostly junk.

Nice setup in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
            Plus you cant manually scratch a CD.
            I'm not sure what you mean, but if your talking about scratching like hip-hop style...then yes you can on CD...using CDJs

Comment

.... beat me to it Im sure Mr Zabiela would love to show you... lol

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                .... beat me to it Im sure Mr Zabiela would love to show you... lol

July 16th at Avalon...Zabs on CDJs 'll tear me a new one

Comment

Tell me when James Holden is in LA and im there man

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                    Tell me when James Holden is in LA and im there man

Oh man...I wanna see him so bad. I promise as soon as I get any word I'll tell you straight away....

Comment

nice custom controller ...

great effects of those photos Clov

btw how old is amanda .. she's real hottie if you ask me !
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                        nice custom controller ...

great effects of those photos Clov

btw how old is amanda .. she's real hottie if you ask me !

I forget...22 I think...in any case shes taken...but she still likes to act flirty...which is fun

Comment

shes so freaking hot. But then Krista's so cool you feel bad trying to get with his girl lol

Comment

Working...
                          X