anyone following the FL case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone following the FL case?

where the muslim woman is suing the state because she feels that she shouldn't have to remove her veil for a driver's license photo?

Last I checked, a DL in any state is a privilege, not a right. Therefore, you want one, you comply with the rules/restrictions.

When in Rome do as the Romans. Therefore no veil as per FL laws or no licence.

Comment

Its the biggest bunch of BS you'll ever see. Follow our rules or get out.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

this case?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
          Its the biggest bunch of BS you'll ever see. Follow our rules or get out.
          I agree wholeheartedly......just like them crying discrimination when they get profiled for additional security screening.....makes me want to laugh right in their faces..

For once, I am actually sticking behind Tallahassee......

Comment

This makes me angry. If you want to live in a democratic state that separates church and state then unfortunately you have to obey the law.

Your drivers licence photo is there as ID. Having your facial features completely covered up doesn't give the law any real way of telling who has the drivers licence.

This should be thrown out of court.

mb
            Toy Box Day Party Went Off

Pictures soon at:

www.danceruby.com.au

Comment

One of the interesting aspects of this case is that the woman in quetion is American born and only recently converted to Islam. Prior to renewing her license in early 2001 she had been photographed without the viel for earlier licenses.

But in the end the only thing that matters is what Mike pointed out; that driving in the US is a privilege and not a right. In order to drive she must comply with all applicable state laws, including a photo ID on her driver's license. If that violates her religious beliefs then she always has the freedom to refrain from driving in the same way that many religions refrain from eating certain foods. No one is forcing her to obtain a license to drive.

Comment

Re: anyone following the FL case?

[quote="MikeD"]where the muslim woman is suing the state because she feels that she shouldn't have to remove her veil for a driver's license photo?[quote]

I think she shouldn't have to show her face.... that is, so long as women are given the right to drive in all those extremist arab countries.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_spotter
                  I think she shouldn't have to show her face.... that is, so long as women are given the right to drive in all those extremist arab countries.
                  ?? That's about the dumbest statement I have read on here in a long time. Who gives a rat's ass what women do in "those extremist arab countries"..? We are talking about Florida Law. No picture, no license, no driving. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                    Originally posted by nyc_spotter
                    ?? That's about the dumbest statement I have read on here in a long time. Who gives a rat's ass what women do in "those extremist arab countries"..? We are talking about Florida Law. No picture, no license, no driving. Simple.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic JeffinDen due to the emoticons which were placed after the statement.

Comment

I am glad your so sure.....

Comment

Pretty sure...not completely sure...but making a deductive reasoning assessment based on seeing past political persuasions of said poster and emoticon use in said post.

Comment

You're
                          I walked across an empty land
                          I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                          I felt the earth beneath my feet
                          Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                            You're

I almost said that, Kat, but it didn't go over so well here the last time I corrected someone's "you're" usage.

Comment

Well, if this woman is allowed to to keep the veil, she can always use her mugshot as her photo ID.

MAY 28--Turns out the Florida woman who is suing for the right to wear a Muslim headdress in a driver's license photograph has previously been subjected to an, um, unveiled government portrait. Follow

Comment

Working...
                              X