Madded Moves to NBC for Sunday Night Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madded Moves to NBC for Sunday Night Football

NEW YORK - John Madden will join NBC as a game analyst when the network begins televising its newly acquired Sunday night football package in 2006.

The network scheduled an afternoon teleconference with Madden to make the announcement.

“John Madden is the best analyst in the history of the National Football League and, in my opinion, the best analyst of any kind in sports television history,” said Dick Ebersol, chairman of NBC Universal Sports & Olympics. “John is much more than a football legend, he’s an American icon.”

Madden has spent the past three seasons teamed with Al Michaels on ABC’s now-defunct “Monday Night Football.”

Great - I was hoping "Captain Obvious" would retire or something."
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Originally posted by PT737SWA
    Great - I was hoping "Captain Obvious" would retire or something."
    hehe, i remember one game i was watching, and he was talking during an instrant replay. He pauses the screen and says "now if you look here" *circles the guys feet* "THESE are his FEET!". Then goes on to talk about something not even closely related.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      hehe, i remember one game i was watching, and he was talking during an instrant replay. He pauses the screen and says "now if you look here" *circles the guys feet* "THESE are his FEET!". Then goes on to talk about something not even closely related.
      I just hate how he says stuff that everyone knows like "Randy Moss is an incredible receiver."

Madden is the one who won't fly anywhere, right?

Comment

correct, I think he rides around in his own bus.

I'm pretty sure I've also heard him say "the reason they didn't win is because they didn't score as many points as the other team"

*bangs head on table*

Comment

CBS, FOX, ABC, now NBC...what network hasn't this guy called games on?

On one of their first games together, Al Michaels said something like "We're gonna have to get you on a plane by the end of the season.", which he seemed terrified by. ABC did the Pro Bowl that year & they had Dan Fouts (I think) call the game with Al Michaels because Madden wouldn't fly.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaRules
            CBS, FOX, ABC, now NBC...what network hasn't this guy called games on?

On one of their first games together, Al Michaels said something like "We're gonna have to get you on a plane by the end of the season.", which he seemed terrified by. ABC did the Pro Bowl that year & they had Dan Fouts (I think) call the game with Al Michaels because Madden wouldn't fly.

DeltaRules
            I think fear of flying is completely irrational unless you know personally someone who's died in a crash. Flying is the safest possible mode of transportation.

Comment

whos Madded btw?

(Thread topic )

Comment

Working...
              X