Nasty SoCal Highway Pileup (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty SoCal Highway Pileup (Video)

Saw this on TV a while ago and was finally able to find it online. Everyone survived, although the man in the blue car that started the chain-reaction crash had serious injuries.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/badaccident7.html
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Can you explain to me what happened. Im at work on a gov. computer and for some reason the network im on says that "access to the link is forbidden".
    "If it weren't for the 777LR, I would love the A345"

Comment

Can you explain to me what happened. Im at work on a gov. computer and for some reason the network im on says that "access to the link is forbidden"
      Well, from the start, it is dark out, the roads are dry, but this happened California so you know people still can't drive.

A van is parked in one of the lanes of the highway with no lights on. A new Mustang doesn't see the van and slams into it going about 60 MPH. The Mustang comes to a stop and the van flies forward, turns to the right, and t-bones a car driving by.

Various cars swerve to get around the accident, but no one stops to help. The people in the Mustang are trapped in the car, injured, and unable to do anything.

Shortly after a gold sedan comes flying down the highway, sees the accident and tries to avoid it. In the effort the driver over corrects and the gold sedan hits a car driving by before doing a 180 and coming to a halt. However, no emergency services have responded yet and no cars have stopped to help.

After the gold sedan crashes, another sedan going at interstate speed plows into the van (the same van that was already hit by the Mustang earlier). At the same time, another car in another lane hits the already totaled Mustantg (with driver and passenger still inside) at about 40 MPH.

Various cars swerve and brake, and according to the camera operator there is another accident that takes place, although it was not captured on camera.

I believe the only serious injuries were to the occupants of the blue Mustang. The driver I believe suffered some paralysis...
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Which freeway? Do you know?

BTW. I'm from Los Angeles. We are the best drivers in the world. No exageration .

Comment

No we are not the best drivers in the world...and this is some nice evidence.

Comment

Ouch....people need to watch out

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              No we are not the best drivers in the world...and this is some nice evidence.
              I know, but we're not the worst either. I only said that in response to herpa saying:

"this happened California so you know people still can't drive."

I bet the driver who caused the accident is probably from the east coast.
              Also, have you ever lived in Japan? Japanese drivers in Okinawa are so bad, that American drivers there are given a special lesson on how to deal with Okinawan drivers, especially cab drivers; they're the worst of them all. Did you know, that if an American driver is involved in an accident with a local driver, then its automatically the American's fault even if technically it wasn't. So lets say, you're parked in a safe legitamate spot, and a Japanese driver takes his eyes off the road for a split second, and slams into you, guess who's to blame? . The police will probably see that you're American and say, "sir, you shouldn't have been there in the first place. If you weren't there, then the guy wouldn't have smashed into your parked car."

Comment

I know we get a bad rap for having bad drivers, and while most of the time its not bad...we have alot of idiots around. From that video, it looks foggy...people need to SLOW DOWN...especially when there are flashing lights ahead.

Comment

California drivers suck. They're the only ones that are worse than Vegas drivers, and that's REALLY saying something.

At least in Vegas, everyone drives too slow.

In California, you have two groups:

1. People who are content to drive 10mph under the speed limit at all times
                  2. People who aren't content unless they're doing 40 over the speed limit

There are certain freeways in SoCal (the 605, 6 lanes each way, and curvy as hell comes to mind) that are damned near scary when you pit those two groups of drivers against each other.
                  Trump is an idiot!
                  Vote Democrats!!

Comment

the best drivers are those people in France and Italy that swerve through oneway streets at mach speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                      California drivers suck. They're the only ones that are worse than Vegas drivers, and that's REALLY saying something.
                      Wow man. Thats harsh.

Comment

I don't know... Those Florida drivers have a worse rep up here than the ones from the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                          1. People who are content to drive 10mph under the speed limit at all times
                          2. People who aren't content unless they're doing 40 over the speed limit
                          And then there are those wannabe sports-car BMW drivers with automatic gears....
                          greetings,
                          Philip

Comment

Originally posted by philip
                            And then there are those wannabe sports-car BMW drivers with automatic gears....
                            Hahah

Well ChrisK is now exempt in his SUV

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                              I don't know... Those Florida drivers have a worse rep up here than the ones from the west coast.
                              Yup, My family has a condo down in florida, I am NOT allowed to drive there

Comment

Working...
                              X