Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S U M M E R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S U M M E R

    Yes! Finally! Summer is here, with its hours of boredom and days of sleeping in! YES! Finally, I can get bossed by my parents not only in the evenings, but also in the day! Yes! I can now pester my mom to take me to places! Yes! I have no reason to ask for lunch money anymore! I am so damn happy! Two days into my break and I have done the following:

    1. Mope around house
    2. Go to a pizza place
    3. Go to a friends house
    4. nothing
    5. Mope around the house
    6. Watch Jet LI movies all day
    7. went to a classical INdian dance

    So COME ON! Let's dedicate this post to the joy of summer! Not to mention the boredom of summer!

  • #2
    10 MORE DAYS LEFT TILL I FLY TO MCO!!!!!

    THis is gonna be the LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT 10 day wait.


    ALEX.




    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Southwest737
      10 MORE DAYS LEFT TILL I FLY TO MCO!!!!!

      THis is gonna be the LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT 10 day wait.


      ALEX.
      I'm getting travelers cheques for my trip to CDG/FCO/VIE today...leaving in 5 days!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: S U M M E R

        Originally posted by ATLcenter
        Yes! Finally! Summer is here, with its hours of boredom and days of sleeping in! YES! Finally, I can get bossed by my parents not only in the evenings, but also in the day! Yes! I can now pester my mom to take me to places! Yes! I have no reason to ask for lunch money anymore! I am so damn happy! Two days into my break and I have done the following:

        1. Mope around house
        2. Go to a pizza place
        3. Go to a friends house
        4. nothing
        5. Mope around the house
        6. Watch Jet LI movies all day
        7. went to a classical INdian dance

        So COME ON! Let's dedicate this post to the joy of summer! Not to mention the boredom of summer!

        You could always get a job.


        Sorry...I have no sympathy for complaints of boredom...live it up while you can because soon enough, you won't even be able to remember what it feels like to not have an 8hr/day, 5 day a week job with only 2 weeks vacation per year.

        Chew on THAT thought a little bit before moping around the house tomorrow. :P

        Carpe Diem!


        -Amy

        Comment


        • #5
          Lucky you (plural). I still have two weeks more of school. In the meantime I can sit tight for exams and several big projects.

          I'm really looking forward to summer for several reasons:

          1. No school. Can relax, contemplate, read, POST etc...
          2. Tanuj and I are going out planespotting at HKG for the first time (June 13th)
          3. Visit family in Indonesia
          4. Visit friends and sightsee in London and the US.

          Yep, twill be a great summer!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: S U M M E R

            Originally posted by AmyB
            Originally posted by ATLcenter
            Yes! Finally! Summer is here, with its hours of boredom and days of sleeping in! YES! Finally, I can get bossed by my parents not only in the evenings, but also in the day! Yes! I can now pester my mom to take me to places! Yes! I have no reason to ask for lunch money anymore! I am so damn happy! Two days into my break and I have done the following:

            1. Mope around house
            2. Go to a pizza place
            3. Go to a friends house
            4. nothing
            5. Mope around the house
            6. Watch Jet LI movies all day
            7. went to a classical INdian dance

            So COME ON! Let's dedicate this post to the joy of summer! Not to mention the boredom of summer!

            You could always get a job.


            Sorry...I have no sympathy for complaints of boredom...live it up while you can because soon enough, you won't even be able to remember what it feels like to not have an 8hr/day, 5 day a week job with only 2 weeks vacation per year.

            Chew on THAT thought a little bit before moping around the house tomorrow. :P

            Carpe Diem!


            -Amy
            Moping as in just lying around watching TV. Which is actually smething to do. As for the job, there's no point. I'm traveling on and off this entire summer. Europe in 4 days, after that, SFo, and then DC. No one will hire a kid who goes on for two weeks, off for 1, on 3, off 1, etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ATLcenter
              Originally posted by Southwest737
              10 MORE DAYS LEFT TILL I FLY TO MCO!!!!!

              THis is gonna be the LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT 10 day wait.


              ALEX.
              I'm getting travelers cheques for my trip to CDG/FCO/VIE today...leaving in 5 days!

              OH SHUT UP lol... :P

              I also get to go to Oklahoma City in August and then I am taking a Charter fight (on an AA MD-80 STL-MDH) sponsered by a college I am going to in two years and that is in October(the chartered flight, not when I am going to college, then I am planning on going to FLL in December, and then I may go to SLC or Washington DC. for Spring break. So see how far ahead I look. Of course all of my flights will be on Southwest except my chartered flight on American( I don't get AAdvantage miles on that do I right?)
              Alex.




              Comment


              • #8
                I end school June 20, leave for LAX on June 24, leave LAX on July 9, leave for MCO on July 29, leave MCO on Aug. 6 Start band Aug. 11, start school Aug. 26. There's my summer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have nothing to do this summer, we cant go on holiday because my mum is to ill, my friends are all going away for the whole 7 weeks of the school summer break, the nearest airport to me is 12 miles away and i would have to get several buses costing 10+ return to get there , so theres nothing for me to do. Its going to be a long summer for me

                  Joe,
                  | My Photos | My Profile |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You could learn PHP. :P Or take up bike riding to the airport.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Greg
                      You could learn PHP. :P Or take up bike riding to the airport.
                      PHP is way to complicated and bike riding to Liverpool airport, well my bike would probibly get stolen!

                      Joe,
                      | My Photos | My Profile |

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JoeJoe440
                        I have nothing to do this summer, we cant go on holiday because my mum is to ill, my friends are all going away for the whole 7 weeks of the school summer break, the nearest airport to me is 12 miles away and i would have to get several buses costing 10+ return to get there , so theres nothing for me to do. Its going to be a long summer for me

                        Joe,
                        sleep! like me!
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree with AmyB. Those who complain about boredom over the summer had better get a knife and fork ready, because they'll be eating those words in a few years' time when they start working a 40-hour week. Or in my case, a 40-hour normal week plus heaps of overtime and only 3 weeks vacation this year.

                          Incidentally, isn't summer supposed to have nice warm weather and sunshine? Someone should tell that to whoever is in charge of Washington DC's weather. No sunny days since April, if I'm not mistaken...
                          AIRIGAMI.NET
                          http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's rather nice today but it's a first, more days or rain and more inches of rain here than in Seattle this spring.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's rather nice today but it's a first, more days or rain and more inches of rain here than in Seattle this spring.
                              I wouldn't know - I've been stuck in my damn office all day.

                              Seriously, though, what is up with our weather? Personally, I blame my dad. He bought an SUV a couple of weeks ago, and now I am holding him solely responsible for global warming. Or in this case, for DC's weather. Incidentally, he lives in Australia...
                              AIRIGAMI.NET
                              http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X