African-American majority states?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African-American majority states?

Any states in the US that are majority African-American or come close to the white population or are equal to them in numbers?

ha definately not California...just look at the racial statistics of my highschool:

Yup that seems right...
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I know that Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas all have significant African-American populations, but as to who has the highest or if there is a majority, I am not sure.
      My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
        I know that Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas all have significant African-American populations, but as to who has the highest or if there is a majority, I am not sure.
        Well I can tell you no state has a majority Black population. Notice how in both the 00 election and the 04 election almost 90% voted for democrates but they didn't win a single southern state. Hispanic on the other hand,

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
          Well I can tell you no state has a majority Black population. Notice how in both the 00 election and the 04 election almost 90% voted for democrates but they didn't win a single southern state. Hispanic on the other hand,
          I know California's biggest race is Hispanic, is Texas?
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by A332

The majority of the African-American population in Georgia is in urban areas, cities like Atlanta, Columbus, Augusta, Macon, and Savannah. There are rural stretches here in Georgia where the African-American population is in the single digits. The county I live in, Clayton, the make up is 51% African-American, 38% White, 7% Hispanic and 4% Asian. 10 years ago, you could switch the percentages of whites and African-Americans and the percentages of Hispanics and Asians. Last year's elections reflected the demographic swing in the county and now the majority of the county's elected officials are African-American.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are only like 3 or 4 African Americans in North Dakota. But then again there are only about 10 people total

Comment

Can speak much for states...

...though I do live in New Orleans: one of the few metro areas of over 1million wherewithin the population majority is Black.

Apparently, nothing to be proud of really.
                Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Well I can't speak for blacks, I recently heard on the news that Hispanic people will end up making up the majority of Texas' population in a few years, ending up making caucasians one of the minorities. Whether or not this true, I don't know.

After seeing some of the previous replies, it is interesting to see the switches in demographics throughout the country; most especially in the south, where there seems to have to have been a big switch in population.

Up here in the North, blacks end up making the majority of the population of several cities, usually in the poorer parts, but not even close in percentage state-wise.
                  - The baby will be back -

Comment

For South Carolina overall, blacks make up about 40% or so.
                    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                    No Frontiers

Comment

Babyuin that is a hundred percent true. Texas is currently at 34% hispanic just below the 42% white. California is already showing how much power hispanics have by having a hispanic Major in LA and most of the congress is also huspanic. Texas will be like that soon. Most of the hispanic political people are evenly split between Democrate and Republican. The hispanic vote in my opinion is going to make the difference in 08.

Comment

It's ironic that the places where blacks are the most persecuted (Southern US) are also the places blacks choose to live in large numbers.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                          It's ironic that the places where blacks are the most persecuted (Southern US) are also the places blacks choose to live in large numbers.
                          Well, it's most likely economic reasons keeping them in the area.

Comment

As far as ratios go, Mississippi has the highest proportion with 36.3% black. (According to the '00 Census)
                            Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                              The hispanic vote in my opinion is going to make the difference in 08.
                              Ya think?

...ever notice how the Bush Administration reacts to "Hispanic issues" such as Mexican border security and Cuban relations?

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                              Irony, or historical precedent?

Originally posted by Greg
                              Well, it's most likely economic reasons keeping them in the area.
                              ...such as?
                              Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X