• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katamarino
    replied
    What Kind of Car does everybody drive?

quote:
    Originally posted by PolishAir42:
    "Correct, but 4wd has everything to do with acceleration which is what will win pretty much any race. Doesnt matter if your car can do 210 if it cant get there before the corner when it has to slow down and start over again! Its also got to TURN the corner, something American cars arent famed for..."

Acceleration is to do with force exerted on the road. 4 tires do this far better than 2. I can go through the maths if you want, i'm sure i could put it in terms you understand.

A Mustang turns corners better than any BMW or Mercedes...check out the slalom statistics.

I've been to chat to the automotive department here. According to the Cambridge University Engineering department, a BMW is much happier cornering than a Mustang. Got another argument?

Blah Blah BMW Blah.

Did i EVER bring up BMWs!? Geez.

As i said 4WD wont help you much.

Meet the Nissan Skyline - fastest car ever point to point on real roads according to every car magazine i can find that mention it. Its 4wd. Hmmm.

Even worse...lol

Ever been there...? Beats Poland, thats for sure [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And you dont have to squeeze past obese fools every few yards la America.

"Dont remember mentioning BMW/MB, but as you bring it up BMWs are far superior. Like you say, not built for sheer speed but a far far more comfortable ride than a Mustang! Not my thing though."

Thats a matter of opinion....and as for addons a 120,000 dollar car vs a 50,000 dollar car...and the 50k can still beat the living ****e out of the 70-120k car.

Performance - wise yeah, but i think if you read up you'll notice i was talking about comfort. Sorry if reading the whole of my posts is an effort for you. I'll try and use shorter words.

Got to go now, i'm sure i can carry on refuting you later [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• PolishAir42
    replied

I am 17, 18 in February [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The SS series is indeed one of the greates vehicles the US produced. Of course thats why cops drove the Caprice (lower end version as we know of the 94-96 line)

My car currently has no loss value. It has a market value of $25,500 with everything...considering its a 1996 it isnt bad at all...we know there is a big demand for them [img]evil2.gif[/img]

Im sure an Impreza is nicer though... [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• tommyalf
    replied

Greetings:

No Pontiac doesn't offer a stock Ram Air hood. The hood is made by ASCDC (American Sports Car Design Concepts). It's fully active and links up to a CAI Box by SLP.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied

This is it..

I also own a motorcycle which I dont get the chance to ride very often. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

I'm in the market for a car now.. What kind I dont know.
    Something fassssst [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]..

I went and looked at Ford the other day and saw some nice Mustangs..

[img]love.gif[/img]

I'm serious about buying a new car, I just have NO idea what I want and I really havent started looking yet..

BTW how old are you Peter?

Leave a comment:

• FlyingTexan
    replied

BTW, Tom, lovely GTP you have is that a stock hood, or no?

Leave a comment:

• FlyingTexan
    replied

IMHO the Chevrolet Impala SS is one of the finest automobiles General Motors has ever produced. If I did not need 8,000 lbs towing capacity and off road capability, Id definitely be driving one. It is a beautiful car, extremely comfortable and top notch handling/acceleration.

Leave a comment:

• PolishAir42
    replied

"Correct, but 4wd has everything to do with acceleration which is what will win pretty much any race. Doesnt matter if your car can do 210 if it cant get there before the corner when it has to slow down and start over again! Its also got to TURN the corner, something American cars arent famed for..."

A Mustang turns corners better than any BMW or Mercedes...check out the slalom statistics. SVT has a bigger top speed and acceleration.

Actually the 2000 SVT has a speed of 71.2mph on a slalom run making it more manuevarble and faster than a M3, M5 or AMG. As i said 4WD wont help you much.

"Forgive my exageration, its obviously lost on you... i seem to remember mentioning comfort and running cost about the whole jeep thing, and i know full well that petrol will cost me in the region of $1.36 a gallon"

Thats what I pay...your point is..

"Who said I wanted to live in UK? I'm out of here to NZ as soon as i get the chance!"

Even worse...lol

"Dont remember mentioning BMW/MB, but as you bring it up BMWs are far superior Like you say, not built for sheer speed but a far far more comfortable ride than a Mustang! Not my thing though."

Thats a matter of opinion....and as for addons a 120,000 dollar car vs a 50,000 dollar car...and the 50k can still beat the living ****e out of the 70-120k car.

Impreza looks like a squigged Mini Cooper...LOL
    I love the fake air intake

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied

quote:
    Originally posted by PolishAir42:
    Tom just a protective covering, and nothing will leak off.

1. Chevy what? Subaru is crap. And owned 25% by GM [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] 4 wheel drive HAS NOTHING to do with speed.

Correct, but 4wd has everything to do with acceleration which is what will win pretty much any race. Doesnt matter if your car can do 210 if it cant get there before the corner when it has to slow down and start over again! Its also got to TURN the corner, something American cars arent famed for...

2. BWHAHHA Yankee Crap? Im sure a Subaru hauls more than an F-150 or a Dodge Ram. 20c a gallon? shows how ignorant you are.

Forgive my exageration, its obviously lost on you... i seem to remember mentioning comfort and running cost about the whole jeep thing, and i know full well that petrol will cost me in the region of $1.36 a gallon.

3. I am 17, I am paying a part of my insurance and my parents the rest. Car insurance is mandatory in the state of IL.

I dont live in the UK, I never will want to live in the UK. I cant stand little putty totty engines...

Who said I wanted to live in UK? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm out of here to NZ as soon as i get the chance!

Give me a 2000 Mustang SVT R any day...burns the hell out of any BMW or MB. (Yes including M3, M5, AMG and the whole latta.)

Dont remember mentioning BMW/MB, but as you bring it up BMWs are far superior [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Like you say, not built for sheer speed but a far far more comfortable ride than a Mustang! Not my thing though.

I guess an Impreza is nicer [img]laff.gif[/img]

You're damn right it is!

[ December 04, 2002 04:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Katamarino ]

Leave a comment:

• Coyote
    replied

[img]laff.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• c72
    replied

http://www.geocities.com/c72/55chevy.jpg

1955 Chevy 327 small block, 325 HP

gonna put a 350 next spring with over 400 HP

fun fun fun!!!!!

[ December 03, 2002 10:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by c72 ]

Leave a comment:

• PolishAir42
    replied

Tom just a protective covering, and nothing will leak off.

:Bit ugly - not like a proper corvette, that one looks a bit silly changed into a saloon!
    Jap Crap? (Well yes, that one is) A souped up Subaru will paste any chevrolet any day! No match for four wheel drive, the acceleration is awesome - its just not physically possible to get that much force acting between road and car in an equivalent 2 wheel drive.

SUV? (Sport Utility Vehicle...?) Is that yankee for a jeep style thing or a pick-up? Either way, pick-ups over here are only really for wanna-be texans and dodgy builders, and jeeps are crap for comfortable long distance driving and fuel economy. Worse for packing long gear like sails as well, you cant lie it down properly in something small enough to get insurance in! Sadly we have to pay for petrol over here, rather than 20cents a gallon or whatever you get! No wonder George is so desperate to go invade and get you all some more oil!

Do you not need to get insurance in the US? I dont think you've told us your age, but going on the photo of you in the photo thread and your posts i'd think maybe 16/17. In the UK you'd bankrupt yourself getting insurance on a 5.7 at 35, let alone under 20! Or can you only drive it with a parent on board or something "

1. Chevy what? Subaru is crap. And owned 25% by GM [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] 4 wheel drive HAS NOTHING to do with speed.

2. BWHAHHA Yankee Crap? Im sure a Subaru hauls more than an F-150 or a Dodge Ram. 20c a gallon? shows how ignorant you are.

3. I am 17, I am paying a part of my insurance and my parents the rest. Car insurance is mandatory in the state of IL.

I dont live in the UK, I never will want to live in the UK. I cant stand little putty totty engines...

Give me a 2000 Mustang SVT R any day...burns the hell out of any BMW or MB. (Yes including M3, M5, AMG and the whole latta.)

":Bit ugly - not like a proper corvette, that one looks a bit silly changed into a saloon!"

I guess an Impreza is nicer [img]laff.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• FlyingTexan
    replied

Aviation enthusiasts have the coolest cars!

1995 Isuzu Trooper 4X4 soon to be a something else. I'm getting an Airstream that weights about 4,000 lbs (the Trooper's tow capacity is 5,000 but I dont want to push it).

Any suggestions? I'm thinking Tahoe but maybe just maybe a Land Cruiser or Hummer H2.

Leave a comment:

• tommyalf
    replied

Hey PolishAir42 what is that on the ground infront of the car? Great looking car to, I love those Impala's [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Nothing like a big American Highway cruiser. Have you done any mods to it?

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied

Bit ugly - not like a proper corvette, that one looks a bit silly changed into a saloon!

Jap Crap? (Well yes, that one is) A souped up Subaru will paste any chevrolet any day! No match for four wheel drive, the acceleration is awesome - its just not physically possible to get that much force acting between road and car in an equivalent 2 wheel drive.

SUV? (Sport Utility Vehicle...?) Is that yankee for a jeep style thing or a pick-up? Either way, pick-ups over here are only really for wanna-be texans and dodgy builders, and jeeps are crap for comfortable long distance driving and fuel economy. Worse for packing long gear like sails as well, you cant lie it down properly in something small enough to get insurance in! Sadly we have to pay for petrol over here, rather than 20cents a gallon or whatever you get! No wonder George is so desperate to go invade and get you all some more oil!

Do you not need to get insurance in the US? I dont think you've told us your age, but going on the photo of you in the photo thread and your posts i'd think maybe 16/17. In the UK you'd bankrupt yourself getting insurance on a 5.7 at 35, let alone under 20! Or can you only drive it with a parent on board or something [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hmm, comes in at $2000 on an insurance quote, with you as a named driver and a parent as main owner, no accidents, benefit of doubt on all questions. Mad! Here it would be WELL over $15,000 and you're VERY unlikely to even be given a quote. I did have your address as Iowa though (random choice) i guess theres not alot to run into. It was more if i put you down as female though, the feminists will want to be onto that one! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess the car fits into your rude-boy image - doesnt quite gell what with the whole cigar smoking, gold chains and then PlaneSpotting. You remind me of Ali G [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• PolishAir42
    replied

quote:
    Originally posted by Katamarino:
    Subaru Legacy Estate. Only thing that i can fit all my sailing kit in!

Yea ever heard of an SUV?

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
    A 5.7L V8 (Corvette/Impala LT1)

2 of my buddies SS

HAHAHAH Look at that jap crap up front [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X