No announcement yet.

What Kind of Car does everybody drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Car does everybody drive?

Here's my baby

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    283hp with my mods.

Almost as good as mine...hehehe

No though it looks sweet...u burn rice with it?
    Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
    Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

On more then one occasion [img]evil2.gif[/img] American Muscle, nothing else like it [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

90 Buick Regal.

Definitely love AMERICAN STEEL!
        Witness the miracle of flight.
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Subaru Legacy Estate. Only thing that i can fit all my sailing kit in!
          I walked across an empty land
          I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
          I felt the earth beneath my feet
          Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

2000 Ford Ranger XLT super cab pickup for me [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

4x4, charcoal color, nice ride!

Chris

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
            [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

Comment

Daihatsu Gran Move. (actually it's my fathers car).

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Katamarino:
                Subaru Legacy Estate. Only thing that i can fit all my sailing kit in!

Yea ever heard of an SUV?

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
                A 5.7L V8 (Corvette/Impala LT1)

2 of my buddies SS

HAHAHAH Look at that jap crap up front [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mine

Comment

Bit ugly - not like a proper corvette, that one looks a bit silly changed into a saloon!

Jap Crap? (Well yes, that one is) A souped up Subaru will paste any chevrolet any day! No match for four wheel drive, the acceleration is awesome - its just not physically possible to get that much force acting between road and car in an equivalent 2 wheel drive.

SUV? (Sport Utility Vehicle...?) Is that yankee for a jeep style thing or a pick-up? Either way, pick-ups over here are only really for wanna-be texans and dodgy builders, and jeeps are crap for comfortable long distance driving and fuel economy. Worse for packing long gear like sails as well, you cant lie it down properly in something small enough to get insurance in! Sadly we have to pay for petrol over here, rather than 20cents a gallon or whatever you get! No wonder George is so desperate to go invade and get you all some more oil!

Do you not need to get insurance in the US? I dont think you've told us your age, but going on the photo of you in the photo thread and your posts i'd think maybe 16/17. In the UK you'd bankrupt yourself getting insurance on a 5.7 at 35, let alone under 20! Or can you only drive it with a parent on board or something [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hmm, comes in at $2000 on an insurance quote, with you as a named driver and a parent as main owner, no accidents, benefit of doubt on all questions. Mad! Here it would be WELL over $15,000 and you're VERY unlikely to even be given a quote. I did have your address as Iowa though (random choice) i guess theres not alot to run into. It was more if i put you down as female though, the feminists will want to be onto that one! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess the car fits into your rude-boy image - doesnt quite gell what with the whole cigar smoking, gold chains and then PlaneSpotting. You remind me of Ali G [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey PolishAir42 what is that on the ground infront of the car? Great looking car to, I love those Impala's [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Nothing like a big American Highway cruiser. Have you done any mods to it?

Comment

Aviation enthusiasts have the coolest cars!

1995 Isuzu Trooper 4X4 – soon to be a something else. I'm getting an Airstream that weights about 4,000 lbs (the Trooper's tow capacity is 5,000 but I don’t want to push it).

Any suggestions? I'm thinking Tahoe – but maybe – just maybe a Land Cruiser or Hummer H2.
                      JR FlyingTexan

Comment

Tom just a protective covering, and nothing will leak off.

:Bit ugly - not like a proper corvette, that one looks a bit silly changed into a saloon!
                        Jap Crap? (Well yes, that one is) A souped up Subaru will paste any chevrolet any day! No match for four wheel drive, the acceleration is awesome - its just not physically possible to get that much force acting between road and car in an equivalent 2 wheel drive.

SUV? (Sport Utility Vehicle...?) Is that yankee for a jeep style thing or a pick-up? Either way, pick-ups over here are only really for wanna-be texans and dodgy builders, and jeeps are crap for comfortable long distance driving and fuel economy. Worse for packing long gear like sails as well, you cant lie it down properly in something small enough to get insurance in! Sadly we have to pay for petrol over here, rather than 20cents a gallon or whatever you get! No wonder George is so desperate to go invade and get you all some more oil!

Do you not need to get insurance in the US? I dont think you've told us your age, but going on the photo of you in the photo thread and your posts i'd think maybe 16/17. In the UK you'd bankrupt yourself getting insurance on a 5.7 at 35, let alone under 20! Or can you only drive it with a parent on board or something "

1. Chevy what? Subaru is crap. And owned 25% by GM [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] 4 wheel drive HAS NOTHING to do with speed.

2. BWHAHHA Yankee Crap? Im sure a Subaru hauls more than an F-150 or a Dodge Ram. 20c a gallon? shows how ignorant you are.

3. I am 17, I am paying a part of my insurance and my parents the rest. Car insurance is mandatory in the state of IL.

I dont live in the UK, I never will want to live in the UK. I cant stand little putty totty engines...

Give me a 2000 Mustang SVT R any day...burns the hell out of any BMW or MB. (Yes including M3, M5, AMG and the whole latta.)

":Bit ugly - not like a proper corvette, that one looks a bit silly changed into a saloon!"

I guess an Impreza is nicer [img]laff.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/c72/55chevy.jpg

1955 Chevy 327 small block, 325 HP

gonna put a 350 next spring with over 400 HP

fun fun fun!!!!!

[ December 03, 2002 10:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by c72 ]

Comment

[img]laff.gif[/img]
                            Coyote

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by PolishAir42:
                              Tom just a protective covering, and nothing will leak off.

1. Chevy what? Subaru is crap. And owned 25% by GM [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] 4 wheel drive HAS NOTHING to do with speed.

Correct, but 4wd has everything to do with acceleration which is what will win pretty much any race. Doesnt matter if your car can do 210 if it cant get there before the corner when it has to slow down and start over again! Its also got to TURN the corner, something American cars arent famed for...

2. BWHAHHA Yankee Crap? Im sure a Subaru hauls more than an F-150 or a Dodge Ram. 20c a gallon? shows how ignorant you are.

Forgive my exageration, its obviously lost on you... i seem to remember mentioning comfort and running cost about the whole jeep thing, and i know full well that petrol will cost me in the region of $1.36 a gallon.

3. I am 17, I am paying a part of my insurance and my parents the rest. Car insurance is mandatory in the state of IL.

I dont live in the UK, I never will want to live in the UK. I cant stand little putty totty engines...

Who said I wanted to live in UK? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm out of here to NZ as soon as i get the chance!

Give me a 2000 Mustang SVT R any day...burns the hell out of any BMW or MB. (Yes including M3, M5, AMG and the whole latta.)

Dont remember mentioning BMW/MB, but as you bring it up BMWs are far superior [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Like you say, not built for sheer speed but a far far more comfortable ride than a Mustang! Not my thing though.

I guess an Impreza is nicer [img]laff.gif[/img]

You're damn right it is!

[ December 04, 2002 04:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Katamarino ]

Comment

Working...
                              X