Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scientists revive dead dogs; humans will be next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientists revive dead dogs; humans will be next!

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

Tests show they are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

Picture of one of the dog's after it was revived

:
    - The baby will be back -

sweet!

That dog looks kinda scary though

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
      sweet!

Someone always has to say what you're about to say before you say it
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Thats very nice and all, but I would rather dead things stay dead, thats the way things are ment to be
        Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
          Thats very nice and all, but I would rather dead things stay dead, thats the way things are ment to be
          What if you were shot by a home intruder? Or maybe your mom?
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
            I would prefer my mother or myself to rest in peace then walk a round like a zombie thank you very much
            Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

man. thats nothing, 3 hours? puh lease. id liek to see people who have been dead for months or years.

so its not bringing the dead back to life, liek 10 years of being dead.

its reviving them.

Alex
              Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                Thats when this would be a great thing.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  Thats when this would be a great thing.
                  Then they would have to walk around with lack of body parts that were shot .

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                    Probably a side-effect...rabies and ravenous behavior

If Mr. Bush doesn't approve of stem-cell research, I hardly think he'll agree to having scientists revive the dead after several days...

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                      man. thats nothing, 3 hours? puh lease. id liek to see people who have been dead for months or years.

so its not bringing the dead back to life, liek 10 years of being dead.

its reviving them.

Alex
                      3 hours is enough time for someone who for example "dies" in a car accident, but they could be revived. This could be really great if they work on it more and perfect it.

Comment

As nice and happy as this may make some of you, I have to agree with some of the people above. This is not natural. We are not God, and we shouldn't pretend to be. If something dies, it is supposed to be dead, no matter how it died. Dead is dead and alive is alive. Leave it at that.
                        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                          If something dies, it is supposed to be dead, no matter how it died. Dead is dead and alive is alive. Leave it at that.
                          You're right. While we're at it we should also stop all Cancer research!

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
                            You're right. While we're at it we should also stop all Cancer research!
                            WRONG. That isn't what I said at all. Ethical cancer reasearch saves and prolongs a life, which is fine.

However, as human beings, we all must die. That is what makes us living. If we can never die, then there is no living. It may be hard for the people left behind, but it must happen, to all of us. It is the circle of life.

All good (and bad) things must come to an end.
                            THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                            Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                            George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

WRONG. That isn't what I said at all. Ethical cancer reasearch saves and prolongs a life, which is fine.
                              So your God who decides what we can and cant do? So making a life longer is fine, saving one isnt? Cancer research, or as you call it polonging a life will only lead onto more and more developments, such as a treatment to live even longer still.

However, as human beings, we all must die. That is what makes us living. If we can never die, then there is no living. It may be hard for the people left behind, but it must happen, to all of us. It is the circle of life.

All good (and bad) things must come to an end.
                              Some things cant end soon enough.

Some people are going to want to use it, some arent, as long as each individual gets what they want I dont see how it affects anyone else.

As nice and happy as this may make some of you, I have to agree with some of the people above. This is not natural. We are not God, and we shouldn't pretend to be. If something dies, it is supposed to be dead, no matter how it died. Dead is dead and alive is alive. Leave it at that.
                              I doubt God wanted us to be making cars and polluting the earth as we are now. So if it was a human object that killed humans why cant human technology heal us? Sure, if you get a disease you have died naturally and reviving you will only increase suffering, if you have been killed by an accident which involved something unnatural this can come in handy.
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                              X