Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody help me out with finding details on this crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help me out with finding details on this crash?

Hi,

I was talking to my mom today, and she was telling me about a plane crash which occurred in Bombay. She doesn't remember the exact year, though she says it was definitely between 1960 and 1980.

She also thinks that most probably the airline was Japan Air Lines, though she is not sure. She does not know which aircraft it was.

However, she does remember one thing. It was most probably a JAL flight which landed at the Bombay Flying Club accidentally, instead of the international airport. Since the runway at the flying club was too short, it overshot, and crashed through a wall.

I have been trying to find details about this crash all over. I even checked AirDisaster, but to no avail.

Can somebody help me out here, with finding details about this crash?

Remember thoughm it just may not be JAL - that is what she remembers.

But it is definitely between 1960 and 1980.

Help me please.

Thanks,
    Tanuj.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

No, it wasn't Delhi, it was Bombay.

And it might not be JAL.

Sorry for the vagueness.......
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Hmm...there was an Indian Airlines A320 that landed in a Golf Course instead of Bombay Intl. Airport, it hit an embankment and http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi_bin/v...ndian+Airlines
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

This one could be it...http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi_bin/v...line=Air+India

No pictures though.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          Hmm...there was an Indian Airlines A320 that landed in a Golf Course instead of Bombay Intl. Airport, it hit an embankment and http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi_bin/v...ndian+Airlines
          Hmm....this seems to have happened in Bangalore, not Mumbai...

Comment

Thanks for the help guyz, it's none of those.

Scott, the reason it isn't the one you gave is because it didn't fall down a cliff, it overran a really short runway at the flying club (where it wasn't supposed to land anyway) and crashed into a wall.

Comment

Here you go:
              http://aviation-safety.net/database/1972/720924-1.htm.

Only the briefest of information on it.

David

Comment

Yes! Thank you very much David.

Comment

Working...
                X