Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got some fire pics (not 56K friendly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got some fire pics (not 56K friendly)

Saw the smoke so I took the 3 mile bike ride over to the fire so I could get a few pics (it sucks not having a car!). I sent all of these pics to my local news website, I'm sure that they are being bombarded but maybe I will get lucky.

Power was out to that side of the city for some reason, the building is a factory that seems to have collapsed upon itself. I think there may have been injuries, as I saw ambulances speeding from the scene towards the hospital on my way home.

Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Four of my pictures made it!!!
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Train derail?

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
        Train derail?
        Nope, not a train, but they still don't know what caused the fire. As of 12:42 PM EST the fire was still burning with some intensity, nearly 24 hours after it started.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The fire resulted in several explosions, and toxic chemicals ran off into the adjacent river.

Comment

did you get some pocket money to spend?
          Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Working...
          X