Foreign Exchange Student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Exchange Student

We have one coming on Thursday, from France. We are doing it through a company called ECI, for 20 days. We are going up to a lake in Michigan for 7 days, and a few other days we are going to Chicago and surroundings...but does anybody have any tips for what I should do?

Also, anybody have any hosting experence? Thanks.

Patrick

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Do you know how proficient the student is with English?

You might want to try welcoming them with a banner, sign, and/or a gift

Comment

His application says he has taken English for 4 years. His report is very well written. We have a little banner and some little things in a welcome bag...like some french cookies, a little US flag, a map of chicago etc.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
      October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

I met my current girlfriend when she stayed at my place over 3 years ago.
        YBBN - James

Comment

How cool. We had a foreign exchange student last year. It didnt work out so he left, but I recommend taking him to cool site. Also treat him like family or like a friend, dont just take him to museums, take him to cool places you go to with your friends.
          You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

We had five exchange students last year. (I have no idea how we ended up with that many.) We had one from Mexico, France (originally, now lives in Algeria), Macedonia, Brazil & South Korea. I only knew the French one & didn't meet her until about two months after she got here, so I don't know what they did with her when she first got to the US. Her host family took her to DC in February & she was supposed to go to Florida over Spring Break but didn't...not sure what to recommend for you there, Patrick.

Our family got a letter wanting us to be the host family a kid from Spain a few years ago, but we didn't end up doing it.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Well, there was one guy from France last year that came to our school. I wasn't the host, but we became quite good friends.

Funniest thing happened on Pyjama Day. He came to school buttnaked with nothing but a trench coat on!
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Funniest thing happened on Pyjama Day. He came to school buttnaked with nothing but a trench coat on!

I see...and you knew this how?
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I stayed with a family in New Zealand for a while & one of the things they did was ask me what I normally ate for breakfast & made it. Sorta made me feel more 'at home' I guess. Small, but it's the small things that count. Just make sure you give him some space too. Maybe since you're in Chicago you can take him to some sights (not too many & no museums lol)- maybe lunch at the top of a highrise building- food is always a good icebreaker.
                  Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                    I see...and you knew this how?
                    Because he attempted to take it off before the teacher stopped him.
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Make sure he gets to watch Fox News...gets a "God Bless America" hat and T-shirt, and eats at McDonalds at least 4 times a week.

Can't give the wrong impression here...

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                        Make sure he gets to watch Fox News...gets a "God Bless America" hat and T-shirt, and eats at McDonalds at least 4 times a week.

Can't give the wrong impression here...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                          Because he attempted to take it off before the teacher stopped him.

Comment

Working...
                          X