No announcement yet.

Watch out gulf coast (Tropical Storms)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out gulf coast (Tropical Storms)

Cindy and Dennis are both on their way.

It doesn't look like Cindy will become a hurricane before reaching land, but Dennis probably will.

Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

And so it begins. At least Florida is clear so far.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

we are midly concerned so far here in O town. I'm mostly concerned about my flight to Atlanta Sunday. I will be starting CSA training for Airtran then and I hope the flight isn't delayed by this.....
      In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur2004
        we are midly concerned so far here in O town. I'm mostly concerned about my flight to Atlanta Sunday. I will be starting CSA training for Airtran then and I hope the flight isn't delayed by this.....
        Judging by the projected path your flight should be fine. Congrats on the job!

Comment

my two brothers are stationed down near Tampa. Both made it through last year, I can't imagine the Pensacola area is looking to take some of Dennis this year.

A friend of mine just had to leave Tyndall for the Orlando area...

Best of luck, last I heard this morning Dennis was a Cat 4 130mph+

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
            Judging by the projected path your flight should be fine. Congrats on the job!

Thanks! I've been looking to begin my career in the industry for about 6 months and I finally have a foot in. Hope the flight isn't too bumpy, we are expecting gusts here to about 45-50 mph should make an interesting takeoff roll! I'll try to get a pic or two of the storm if we can get above the clouds enough.
            In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

@PT737SWA
              If we in FL learned anythig last year , is to NOT LISTEN AT ALL to what they say the projected path is. I cant remember which it was last year(I think it may have been Charley), but it went out east into the Atlantic , turned around in a full circle and slammed Ga, and the Carolina's pretty badly, while they predicted it to just dwindle away out there
              Well, hope it/they doesn't do much damage to anyone(although it almost definetly will).
              Regards,

Comment

Re:

Dennis is now a Cat 4 hurricane. Winds are around 145mph and storm surge flooding of 10-15 feet above the high tide's expected. Ughh...

Not to mention all the tremendous amounts of rain and damaging winds. Hopefully no one has chosen to stay back and ride out the storm in their homes.

Foxtrot

Comment

"Dennis" is barely over, but it looks like "Emily" will soon follow:

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                    I have a co-worker who's going to the Dominican Republic Wednesday thru Saturday. I told her she may need to leave a day early.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      Damn! How many of these things are there gonna be this year!?

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                        Damn! How many of these things are there gonna be this year!?
                        Seeing as how early things are getting nasty, I'm afraid the 26 names available might not be enough this year .

Comment

Right now it looks like the US Gulf Coast will be spared. The Mexican Gulf coast is anohter story however...
                          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Working...
                          X