Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil' Kim sentenced to a year in prison!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by F3Hadlow
    I despise rap and those who perform it.
    Why?...actually, nevermind. That comment and others like it are not even worth a response. On that note guys, since there's obviously no hope for the hopelessly prejudiced opinions of some people, I'll just let it be...
    "If it weren't for the 777LR, I would love the A345"






    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Kadena_Troop
      Not everyone grew up in suburbia. So if you didn't grow up around some of the things that they talk about in their music, then of course you're not going to understand WHY they say some of the things they do.
      YOU CANNOT pull this card on me buddy. I have lived and grown up in some of the toughest areas of Los Angeles...known people who should be in jail for 25+ years and seen things I wish I never had.

      Half of the rappers out there are total fakes...50 Cent stole his name from a real criminal who was shot over 25 times and didnt die. Dr. Dre never robbed a bank...I could go on.

      These guys are glorifying a life style based on ghetto culture which should not be glorified in the first place. It is NOT good to shoot people just because they belong to a different gang, it is NOT good to deal cocaine from your street corner.

      The funniest part is that most of the kids listening to these guys are white kids from Anywhereville Anystate and have no CLUE what they are talking about.

      Xzibit, there is one of the few rappers I still respect...his last CD Man vs. Machine was excellent...he actually thought of something interesting to say in some of his songs.

      You cant argue that most current rap is any good...its like trying to argue that murder is ok.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Leftseat86
        Xzibit, there is one of the few rappers I still respect...his last CD Man vs. Machine was excellent...he actually thought of something interesting to say in some of his songs.
        Meh, you just respect him because of "Pimp my Ride" .

        Originally posted by Leftseat86
        You cant argue that most current rap is any good...its like trying to argue that murder is ok.
        That, and that if your are a gangsta, you get to drive the biggest cars with the most chrome and get all tha b1tches.
        Personally, I listen to rap/hip-hop or whatever, I can't tell the difference nor do I care. But it all the depends on the artist. Instead of listening to Ja Rule, I could just listen to a speech by Al Sharpton, content is basically the same.
        And I usually prefer either the true old school style (Eazy E, RIP), or the comical stuff like some of Obie Trice, Lil Jon, Luda or Eminem. But most of it is commercialised stuff that all sounds the same, and thatcomes from somebody who actually listens to some of that stuff.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Cameron
          Whatever. A lot of the RAP that I hear today is all about money, cars, women, and the way they made that money (AKA drugs)

          Old school rap, like Public Enemy, NWA, etc. At leased they has a message about oppression and living in poverty and the way they were mistreated. Today I find that a lot of the RAP is just crap. Only a few of the artists rap about stuff that is legitimate.
          I agree, Hip Hop/Rap in the old skool days was better in a way, it made much sense, now it's just Rapper on about Girls, Booze, Drugs, Rape, Police.....

          I'm put off by Rap Music.

          Comment


          • #35
            Wanna talk about fake? Hmmm lets take a look at these little Disney kids. They all sing about the same stuff. They mostly all dye their hair blonde and try to put on a similar image, they don't even write their own lyrics! Hell i'll bet half never even use their real voices. And of course most don't make the beats.

            Yup, just pretty faced puppets being played by disney.

            Talk about 0 talent. Last time I checked rappers wrote their own raps.

            Aside from Disney pop, I don't hate anytype of music. I respect each form of music for what it is. Alternitive people sing about what they wanna say, Rockers rock about what they wanna say, and Rappers just let out everything they wanna say. I don't listen to every genre of music, and I don't understand it all.(Turn on country and I'm lost from the second it starts) But I respect the artists for making the music they want to make and doing their own thing. I wish more people could be tollerant.

            If you look closer, you'll notice in most generes of music songs tend to be about similar or the same things. The things a lot of Rap songs focus on just tend to be more vulgur so people decide to say nothing but horrible things about it. No ones changing anyones minds one way or the other, so the best way to handle it is just don't buy or listen to the music you don't like. If you don't like it, just don't listen to it. Its that simple.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Crunk415balla

              If you look closer, you'll notice in most generes of music songs tend to be about similar or the same things. The things a lot of Rap songs focus on just tend to be more vulgur so people decide to say nothing but horrible things about it. No ones changing anyones minds one way or the other, so the best way to handle it is just don't buy or listen to the music you don't like. If you don't like it, just don't listen to it. Its that simple.

              Look I'm not singling out rap here...shit music is shit music regardless. But you're trying to shrug it off. What most of today's rap talks about IS STUPID...it IS wrong and it is not intellectually stimulating. It doesnt require much thought to write lyrics about getting crunked in da club. IT DOESNT. I could. In fact...alot of times I wonder why I dont just start rapping. If Lil John can get ridiculously rich doing what he does...well then CRAP any monkey can get into the game...and often times it seems like thats exactly what is going on. "Da Game" for instance. I'm sure that guy probably grew up smokin weed and playin ball at school...maybe did a few tags and MAYBE stole a few car stereos...it stops there. Hes not a gangster and he never was. You think he killed someone? You think he ever got away from the cops? Thats just bullshit.

              Heres a quick sample:

              T.I. - Long Live Da Game Lyrics


              YEA...Dis for all my niggaz who think dey hard...[laughing]You wanna know whats hard(whats hard pimp?)Goin about yo day nigga losin yo life at the end of itNow dats whats hard...(MINDING MY MUTHAF**KING BUSINESS)Let me tell yall bout the last day i lived nigga[Verse]Im in tha 96 Impala with tha gat in my lapAnnihilating any nigga tryin to work in my trapNow see the feds got me tap'd So to keep em' off of my bacI got a crib in tha trap and a crib to relaxNow my indictment was a secret and thats the way that they keepitIf i aint have a hoe givin head to tha feds Comin bac tellin me exactly what they saidIm a dead man walkin...Waitin on time in jailBut i'll die before i let em stop my mailLong as i got another ounce to sellWhat tha hell ima bail? a grap my scaleGet another key and ima slang my yayoNiggaz on tha westside cant re-up becuz its a droughtSo i check tha crack house...DAMN it sold outSo back to tha crib so i can check this stashAint sure about how much dope i hadGot a couple keyz in the safe right now Weigh it up cook it up then chop it downNow im ready to go and pick up my fettiBut before i leave tha house i cant dip without grabbin my G'zAnd my keyz to my brand new V put em in pocket with tha gat toseeNiggaz pleeze nigga you holla bout freezePut this red dot to ya ass n squeezeNow im dippin bac to tha swatsWith tha 4-4 and a plastic glockTurned around and i had to stopCouldnt trap swarn it wuz copsStandin there n i still aint scaredMac Boney nem must have fledOnly cops is i fear is tha fedsOn my car flashin blue n redDamn there dey go now its time to dipGot tha 4-4 right my hip9 millimeter wit a extra clipDats what yall niggaz get f**kin round wit TIPBustin at emN cussin at em but aint no shakin emThem bullets dat they wuz bustin at me my vest wuz takin emMakin dem pigs fall in pain Turned around cuz one call my nameTook a hot one to tha brainYea i died but LONG LIVE THA GAME...




              Really...great music...intellectually stimulating, intelligently produced,

              well thought out. Amazing. He talks about killing cops smokin niggas and

              riding around with a gat in his lap.



              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Leftseat86
                Look I'm not singling out rap here...shit music is shit music regardless. But you're trying to shrug it off. What most of today's rap talks about IS STUPID...it IS wrong and it is not intellectually stimulating. It doesnt require much thought to write lyrics about getting crunked in da club. IT DOESNT. I could. In fact...alot of times I wonder why I dont just start rapping. If Lil John can get ridiculously rich doing what he does...well then CRAP any monkey can get into the game...and often times it seems like thats exactly what is going on. "Da Game" for instance. I'm sure that guy probably grew up smokin weed and playin ball at school...maybe did a few tags and MAYBE stole a few car stereos...it stops there. Hes not a gangster and he never was. You think he killed someone? You think he ever got away from the cops? Thats just bullshit.

                Yes, I am trying to shrug it off. Its obvious a lot of people don't like rap. Since I was in 5th grade I've had all those people snapping at me and putting my music down. Then all of a sudden when I get to 8th grade all the kids suddenly think its the coolest thing ever. I'm not one of these people who listens to rap trying to be cool or to fit in, they disgust me, they should be themselves. I actually do consider this my music, it always was, it always will be. So I actually care about crunk music and of course I defend it just as I'm sure you'd defend yours. I'm not saying that many rap songs arn't violent, or that rap is a great influence, and I don't think that its a good idea for little kids to listen to it. I always thought of it as music, not a way of life. I never became violent and I don't smoke or drink. But everyones diffrent and I'm sure there are people who do try to make themselves hard, I think it kinda comes down to just having morals as far as that goes. I'm just putting my opionions out there. I'm not saying anyones right or wrong.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  Yes, I am trying to shrug it off. Its obvious a lot of people don't like rap. Since I was in 5th grade I've had all those people snapping at me and putting my music down. Then all of a sudden when I get to 8th grade all the kids suddenly think its the coolest thing ever. I'm not one of these people who listens to rap trying to be cool or to fit in, they disgust me, they should be themselves. I actually do consider this my music, it always was, it always will be. So I actually care about crunk music and of course I defend it just as I'm sure you'd defend yours. I'm not saying that many rap songs arn't violent, or that rap is a great influence, and I don't think that its a good idea for little kids to listen to it. I always thought of it as music, not a way of life. I never became violent and I don't smoke or drink. But everyones diffrent and I'm sure there are people who do try to make themselves hard, I think it kinda comes down to just having morals as far as that goes. I'm just putting my opionions out there. I'm not saying anyones right or wrong.
                  You have a proper opinion, respect to that, and cheers for staying true to rap through the years. But those same kids that all of sudden are listening to 50 Cent in 8th grade...omg I hate them.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Leftseat86
                    You have a proper opinion, respect to that, and cheers for staying true to rap through the years. But those same kids that all of sudden are listening to 50 Cent in 8th grade...omg I hate them.
                    I agree 100%. And its been a few years since I was in 8th grade, so now its even bigger in highschool. Isn't it funny that if you walked blindfolded around my highschool campus thats 49% asian and 38% white and has only 5 black students, you'd swear the entire school was black? Those numbers just don't work, way too many of them are just putting it on. Half the school can barley even speak english, so they try ebonics?!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Crunk415balla, you have my respect for being who you are, and not so much influenced by peers and popular culture. This is getting rare these days especially in highschool, because it is so important that one "fits in".
                      I also hate people who do stuff so that other people would think they're cool or just so they feel belonging to something.

                      I also realize that most of what is called "popular culture" is total garbage. I make an effort to dig out whatever that are worth paying attention to, both music and TV

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        In my opinion today to much of rap music is about sex, the size of rims on a car, and going to the club with little intelligence and important message. However there is good and bad of every kind of music. I think its fine to not like rap or whatever you don't care for, but what pisses me off is when people trash rap music and call it crap, in a very tastless and ignorant way thats disrespecting the hard work, talent, intelligence, creativity, and feeling that a good rap artist puts into their music and I often find that the people who say things like that don't know anything about rap and have no understanding of it.

                        Originally posted by F3Hadlow
                        I despise rap and those who perform it.
                        This is the type of ignorant bullshit against rap music I'm talking about
                        Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time


                        Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X