GTA San Andreas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA San Andreas

I know there was a GTA thread several months ago, but that one was focused on VC, plus, bumping up old threads is not permitted here . Anyway, what are your thoughts on that game. Personally, I think it's the best GTA vesion so far, and I just love all the little easter eggs, relations to VC and LC, and not to mention rip-offs of Driver 3 and True Crime.
    Although I have to say, I am somewhat dissappointed with the airplane /RC plane missions, as some of them can be a b!tch to finish (especially "Freefall", where you have to get your prop behind a Learjet, argh!). So, let's hear it from you .

I got it on Xbox the day it came out, and then I went on vacation for 2 weeks...so I'm not very far into it. It's definitely better than VC or 3. While I've never played True Crime, Driver 3 sucked, the control scheme was terrible, the graphics weren't as good as GTA, and the cars sucked.

Comment

I have it for PC. Beat it in 4 days!!! Freefall was one of the hardest missions IMO. The trick is to get high enough and dive straight to the circle, if you get behind the plane (Same level) you will get blown away and in no way be able to catch up with the learjet. I love GTA SA cause all the planes are there. I fly all the time between the airports for fun!!!

Comment

Yeah, I finally managed the damn Freefall mission as well, and now it's time to get Madd Dogg's house back. Admittedly, I have taken a bit longer so far (some weeks), but I can't go on this game for longer than 5 hours, plus, I have collected all horseshoes, tags and photos early to get the ammo .

Comment

I don't seem to bother with the missions. I just enjoy driving around
          matthew

Comment

Love the game. I beat all the missions months and months ago and still having fun with it.

GROVE STREET FAMLIEIS
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I like San Andreas a lot, but I still like Vice City a little bit better. I liked the Miami setting better than the LV/LA/SF theme. I think the last time I checked I had 45% complete on SA, which could be a higher number...if I didn't spend most of my time getting in car chases & trying to evade the police.

There are supposedly some copies of the game that have a game glitch on the Las Venturas Madd Dogg mission where he tries to commit suicide & you have to save him with the truck...and I have one. You start the mission & as soon as you push start to continue after the intro video, you can take a few steps & then Madd Dogg jumps & you fail the mission.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

In a different train of thought can someone tell me how to recruit gang members on the PC please? I need to do it for this mission and I can't remember how to do it
                http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by F3Hadlow
                  In a different train of thought can someone tell me how to recruit gang members on the PC please? I need to do it for this mission and I can't remember how to do it
                  I don't know if these are the same settings as you have but usually, you point at them with a gun (hold right mouse button), and hit "G". Do that again with other until you have 3 or more, depending on your respect. When you have them recruited, hit "G" again, and they will follow you. If you want them to split up, hit "H".

Originally posted by DeltaRules
                  I like San Andreas a lot, but I still like Vice City a little bit better. I liked the Miami setting better than the LV/LA/SF theme.
                  Scenery of VC was nice, but a little bit flat for my taste.

Btw, what I find interesting is that so far in every part of GTA, you have to kill some Forelli family member. In LC, you have to carbomb one of them in front of St Mark's Bistro, you have to kill Sonny in VC, and in SA you even have to fly to LC to kill one. Surprising that the Forelli family still manages to exist.
                  And to end this post, I shall post two quotes from the game:
                  Ken: "Just like in the good old times, Tommy!"
                  CJ: "Who the hell is Tommy?"

Madd Dogg playing a video game: "Tanner you stupid son of a b!tch!" (Guess which game he was playing ).

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                    Btw, what I find interesting is that so far in every part of GTA, you have to kill some Forelli family member. In LC, you have to carbomb one of them in front of St Mark's Bistro, you have to kill Sonny in VC, and in SA you even have to fly to LC to kill one. Surprising that the Forelli family still manages to exist.
                    And to end this post, I shall post two quotes from the game:
                    Ken: "Just like in the good old times, Tommy!"
                    CJ: "Who the hell is Tommy?"

Madd Dogg playing a video game: "Tanner you stupid son of a b!tch!" (Guess which game he was playing ).
                    Those little digs at other games, and older GTA refrences were fun. I missed quite a few the first time around. Like Catalina, the chick that betrayed you in GTA3, dumps you in SA and takes off with your character from VC. :P

Tanner really was a stupid son of a b!tch too! That game had some crap control :| -- "Yeah, look how this Tanner guy runs! He moves like his bowels have let go... This sucks. I mean, how could Refractions mess up so bad? Tanner, you suck ass!"

Comment

I was just checking some news, and came across this story...

'The program, developed by GTA fan Patrick Wildenborg, apparently allows players to make game characters perform sexually explicit acts.'

Some people have too much time on their hands

Comment

Thanks a lot DAL767-400ER that really helped and I completed the mission

Originally posted by Genessee
                        'The program, developed by GTA fan Patrick Wildenborg, apparently allows players to make game characters perform sexually explicit acts.'
                        http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...,91378,00.html
                        Now would you mind showing me where I can get it?
                        http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

The freefall mission didn't bother me, the ones that I had the most troubles with were Wu Zi Mu and Farewell my Love....I just suck at driving I guess. BTW Genessee Catalina takes off with your character from GTA 3 One of my favourite eggs is in Zero's RC shop if you look behind the register with the sniper rifle you can see little figurines in packiges of Tommy, Lance and the 2 dudes from manhunt.

Comment

Man, getting on that lear is EASY. fly straight to it, then pull up, kick left or right rudder in and bank the same way. 2 Secs later you're in that a/c.
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by wj_737_200
                              BTW Genessee Catalina takes off with your character from GTA 3
                              Ahh, I thought it was the guy from Vice City, and they were heading BACK to VC. Ah well

Comment

Working...
                              X