Best Heist Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Heist Movie

Which of the above do you think is the best heist movie?
    Oceans Eleven (Original)
    12.50%
    Oceans Eleven
    43.75%
    Oceans Twelve
    0.00%
    Italian Job (Original)
    12.50%
    Italian Job
    31.25%

The poll is expired.

DTVAirport

How the @#$% can anyone like the remake of Ocean's Eleven? It's an alright film, but the original is much better. While the original does have a plot so thin you can see through it, it was actually more believable that a crew could hit The Sands, The Desert Inn, The Riveria, The Sahara, and The Flamingo back in the 1960s than could breaking into the "vault" at The Bellagio today. George and Brad are no Frank and Dino, not by a longshot. The only character in common in these two versions is Danny Ocean. Heck the only reason why Don Cheadle got his part (The remakes' equivalent of Sammy Davis Jr's role in the original) is because he played Sammy in the movie "The Rat Pack" a few years earlier.

Classic line from the original:

Danny Ocean: [Answering the phone] Hello, this is a recording, you've dialed the right number, now hang up and don't do it again.

The "best lines" from the remake:

Tess: You're a thief and a liar.
    Danny: I only lied about being a thief, I don't do that anymore.

Sure George was playing a character, Frank was playing Frankie Baby under the name of Danny Ocean.

Comment

And furthermore, how could you not include both the original and remake of "The Thomas Crown Affair" in a poll on heist movies? I finally saw the original version of it last night, and despite the remake (which is probably one of the few remakes that actually worked) I thought it was very good, and I now understand the cult-like status that Steve McQueen has garnered as being one of the greatest "cool" icons.

Comment

The Thomas Crown affair with Pierce Brosnan is crap
        DTVAirport

Comment

Ocean's Twelve was awful!
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I liked both the originals listed.

For the remakes, I couldn't get into Oceans Eleven, and didn't bother with twelve at all. The commercials didn't even appeal to me.

I thought the remake of The Italian Job was decent though, when it hits the $10 bargin bin I may pick it up even

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
              The Thomas Crown affair with Pierce Brosnan is crap

And is redeemed by Rene Russo being naked in it!

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but out of sheer curiousity, are there movies where a remake was better than the original?

I personally like the original Oceans 11 and the remake, for different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD
                  Not to hijack the thread, but out of sheer curiousity, are there movies where a remake was better than the original?
                  After a long search ..... Batman! Of course, the first film with Adam West, of which I think, this was the original, has its merits, along with the series afterwards. But more, because it mad me laugh

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Has anyone ever seen Sneakers (1992)? It has Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier, Dan Aykroyd & River Phoenix. A small part is played by James Earl Jones (but he's in every movie).

I think it's a great heist movie that isn't very well known and ahead of its time for 1992.

Mike
                    Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                    lp.org

Comment

Of the above, the new Ocean's Eleven.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a heist movie, but my vote goes to Ronin with Robert DeNiro & Jean Reno. That was a great movie.

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      Ocean's Twelve was awful!
                      I agree here...that movie was a disappointment. It sucked. Catherine Zeta-Jones' character killed that movie.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
                      X