New 2006 Mercedes S Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2006 Mercedes S Class

Web search is still showing the 90's models, but its here on the Merc website http://www.mercedes-benz.com/mbcom/i...wallpaper.html click on pic's to enlarge.

Oh my gosh, this thing is ugly! I mean, I did never like the "design" of Mercedes but this one surely takes the cake. Who got the idea of adding these monstrous fenders? Oh well...

First the ugly new BMW 7-series, then all the other new BMWs and now even Mercedes tries to "improve" their ever so boring design with artistical crap like that.

If you want to see some really beautiful cars, then go here :

http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1.html

And for the convenience of our Americans:

http://www.audiusa.com/full_line/ .

Enjoy !

The Tupolev Tu-114.
    World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

You bet, pretty boring. I prone thinking the last pretty designed class S dates back to 1980 !!!
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Not a bad looking model, that is until you reach the back. Still no match in terms of looks to my 1999 5-series.

Comment

the new Merc S class looks like a bloody Audi A6, the new CLS is very slick though...reminds me of the BMW 5 especially with the window shape, personally you can't beat the shape of the Jaguar. the new R coupe is the slickest looking machine!

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

It reminds me of a Nissan Altima or Infinity M.
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Mercedes' looks get more and more just like everyone else, and their service also gets crappier every day.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Mercedes' looks get more and more just like everyone else, and their service also gets crappier every day.
                You bet, I remember the days when getting a Benz, even on the used market really meant something. When in Cameroon in 1970, we got a '63 S sedan, even though it was already 7 year old, it was still seen as a prestigious mount. Personnally I loved it and I did not mourn the Renault 16 sedan hatchback we had before. The aftersale servicing was still fully provided for, probably why my mother made up her mind for this fabulous car, in addition to the fact she (and I) like big cars. We kept it until leaving Cameroon and when sold, the servicing was still running !

Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I can relate with you Alain, not that I owned a Merc or any luxury brand ever, but teh charm these cars had uptil the 80's seems to have vanished , even though they are much more luxurious now.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this. Although I don't particularly dislike the design, it looks like everything else on the road these days. Cadillac and Infiniti come to mind. It doesn't stand out. Oh well, it's not like I'll own one anyway, so I guess I have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Yes, especially at Mercedes it looks like this:

put an S-, a C- and an E-class side by side and the try to distinguish them! No hope!

This one looks different but I bet that in 2 years time every single Mercedes looks like that again.

Sadly this is also the case with Audi, they all just look too similar! Where are the spectacular designs? Where are the cars which let your yaw drop? In the past there were many of them but if you now look at the Autobahn (or highway ) you see uniform cars all over. It is so boring I want to puke!

But it's getting a bit better lately. In the 90's it was nearly impossible to tell any car on the street apart (at least here in Germany), now they try a bit but not enough!

The Audi Le Mans looks great (just search in google) and eventually will be built. Sports cars are the only cars I turn around for. Not even for all!

The Tupolev Tu-114.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        their service also gets crappier every day.
                        Do you own a Benz???

Changes are going to happen, and when it happens people freak out. Try to take it in stride- chances are it'll grow on us. Looks aren't everything- Mercedes has continuously produced amazing performance (i.e. the S65AMG- 0-60mph in 4.2sec with 604hp & 738lb-ft torque- for a big sedan that's amazing).

Take one for a test drive & see if you guys change your mind.
                        Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by NOTAR520AC
                          Do you own a Benz???
                          No, but a close friend of ours, and I have seen the problems he had with his Vaneo, and how he got treated by the people at his local Mercedes shop.
                          "Sorry, we have to take your car into maintenance. You'll get it back in 2 days."
                          "And how do I get around in these 2 days?"
                          "That's your problem, not ours."

Comment

You know that AMG actually is an own brand ? Mercedes doesn't have much to do with them, they buy an S-class Mercedes, fit their own engine in it and it gets an AMG.

But Audi for example has the Audi A8 W12. As you guess, it's an A8 with a 12 cylinder engine with 450hp and 6 litres. 5.2 seconds 0-100 km/h.

Or the Audi RS6 plus, 480hp, 0-100 km/h in roughly 5 seconds. Great, hugh?

The Tupolev Tu-114.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwashiorkor
                              You know that AMG actually is an own brand ? Mercedes doesn't have much to do with them, they buy an S-class Mercedes, fit their own engine in it and it gets an AMG.
                              Not exactly. AMG is a Mercedes (DC) subsiduary, just like "M" is a subsiduary of BMW. They actually have a lot to do with one another, especially in terms of R&D, even though they're fiscally treated as two different companies.

Comment

Working...
                              X