Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the Magic Eye books? Well your in for a treat then!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Magic Eye books? Well your in for a treat then!

Can anyone not do them?

In case you don't know hidden in the image is a 3d picture. focus on the image close up at the picture's centre then slowly move your eyes back, or if your like me you can see them straight away.

have fun!

wow, is that hard to do on the computr screen!!! But I saw them
    saw pumpkin, guy changing tire..

very cool!
    Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

My favourite is the guy with his hands out about to grab the type to put on the car.

Comment

Thanks goodness they're JPG's! :8: A lot of people on other forums I'm on have suddenly been possesed by the habit of making nice, harmless-looking picture threads with pictures that seem ok for a while... until 5 seconds later, a monster, ghost, human or something appears and scares the living daylights out of you

I thought jp was about to be possesed by this too

Nice pictures though, mess

Comment

maybe I'm tired... but all I saw was a cow

Comment

Took me a while to get my eyes adjusted again but then it worked. Great! Love this 3D-stuff!

The Tupolev Tu-114.
            World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

I got most of them. I miss the Magic Eye books...those were cool. Thanks for posting those!

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

A few more for mom & the kids! ;

The one immediately below is ideal for this place.

How does magic eye work? When you glance at a Magic Eye it looks like a fuzzy abstract picture. However, if you view it stereoscopically (meaning your eyes focused behind the actual picture), a three-dimensional image forms. That's because your subconscious decodes differences in the repeating pattern of the fuzzy lines. When your eyes focus normally, the line of vision from each eye meets in the same place on the page. Your brain then works out how far away the picture is from by comparing the different views from each eye.

When you force yourself to focus behind the image, you force your eyes to each look at different squiggles instead of the same one. Because the squiggles are identical your brain doesn't register that each eye is looking at a different one but instead perceives a non-existent (fake) depth to the picture. Your brain solves discrepancies between what each eye sees by allowing for some points of the pattern to seem nearer to you than others are. To sum it up: your brain is constantly trying to make sense of the things you experience - so in this case it allows your brain to disregard the squiggley lines themselves and concentrate on the image behind them. Your brain sees the image in 3-D because your brain thinks your eyes are looking at the same thing when they're actually looking at identical squiggles in slightly different places.

Comment

Saw them all. They are great! I remember the books to, I used to get them all the time.
                  matthew

Comment

thats awesome.....always liked doing those..they have them in the saturday comics in the newspaper.
                    Nikon D70
                    AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
                    AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
                    AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
                    AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
                    My istock portfolio

Comment

^same with me, those were great to do

Comment

Those are pretty cool...I have four big ones at home...always entertaining to see first timers screw up their eyes trying to see it
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                        X