English Class Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Class Sucks

For crying out loud... I don't care what the symbolism of Shakespear's black clock is all about. Maybe he just wanted the clock to be black dammit? Maybe he wasn't looking for so called symbolism!!!!

And why do I have to write a 14 page paper about the culutral ramifications of cleaning the Ganges river in India with modern technology.

YEP! I HATE ENGLISH! [img]sleep.gif[/img] [img]evil.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

English Class Sucks

Hey! you never know when you'll be at a bar and somebody will bring up the Ganges. Just last week this guy almost started a brawl at my local bar because somebody said Cooley ripped off all of Mead's ideas [img]laff.gif[/img]

Liberal Arts classes, nothing to do with your major but there suppose to make you more open minded, and drain you for more money [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Comment

English Class Sucks

Don't want to start a war or nothing but I hate many things the USA does so don't get me started on that. Not to mention you speak ENGLISH and it was the English that gave you most of what you have !!

Other then that I have nothing to say [img]evil2.gif[/img]

Comment

English Class Sucks

quote:
        Originally posted by hkgspotter1:
        Don't want to start a war or nothing but I hate many things the USA does so don't get me started on that. Not to mention you speak ENGLISH and it was the English that gave you most of what you have !!

Other then that I have nothing to say [img]evil.gif[/img]

Could you please elaborate on your above statement? I promise I'm not going to fly off the handle. A friendly debate is always healthy for one's mind. It's always interesting to see why others dislike the U.S so much.

Comment

English Class Sucks

quote:
          Originally posted by hkgspotter1:

Other then that I have nothing to say [img]evil.gif[/img]

I think you missed my point. I don't hate ENGLISH, i hate what we call English Class, or more commonly known as Literature Class. Sorry, but to me the way someone writes is irrelevant. I can write an A+ paper only to have my next one be a D and all the while I have NO clue why there's a difference. I have read Shakespeare and all that, but why the CONSTANT "interpretations." Maybe Romeo loved Juliette and they died together, nothing more, nothing less. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Comment

English Class Sucks

Yeah I get you
            I also hate Spanish class (being Spanish my native tongue)
            That teacher sucks, and doesn't like me a bit!

At least I know how to write, read and speak good so she won't be able to put bad grades on me

Comment

English Class Sucks

quote:
              Originally posted by SST2707:
              For crying out loud... I don't care what the symbolism of Shakespear's black clock is all about. Maybe he just wanted the clock to be black dammit? Maybe he wasn't looking for so called symbolism!!!!

And why do I have to write a 14 page paper about the culutral ramifications of cleaning the Ganges river in India with modern technology.

YEP! I HATE ENGLISH! [img]sleep.gif[/img] [img]evil.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

It's been about 30 years since I was in your position, but I sure can relate to your post. I hated English class with a passion; obviously I still would if I had to do it now.

Comment

English Class Sucks

OK, twenty days back, I liked English. The teacher was kinda slutty (she wore short shorts in december with tall boots and a mini) Now I ahve a 85 on my doorstep in her stupid class! Should I care what the predicate nominative of a sentece is, and how to identify appositive phrases? NO! I can write English, I know you're supposed to spell colour colour and not color, and programme programme and not program! I'm through till atleast college or grad school. Come on!

For those not from USA (or ATL) 85 is what they call 'above average' but most smarties (myself included, by this standard) get 92+ which is an A! Actually, a 90 and above is an A, but you dont want me to get started on our school...OK, fine I'll gripe!

Our school serves food from 1990. I swear to god. We have blood comng out of our chicken nuggets at times, you drain it and eat it if you have the guts.

ATLcenter

Comment

I avoid English

Well, it's almost impossible to avoid that class in your elementary/high school. Hopefully and not, I actually don't have it. I receive ESL III Advanced (English as a second language) because I'm not a native english speaker, so, in my classroom, there's people with a 95% or + handling and acknowledgement of English, well, actually we speak, understand, write and read English perfectly, but there are some very little things we still have to learn.

I had my ESL Oral test to exit the class today (next year get into English) and I passed ! I'm so happy! because:

1. I hate that class
                  2. I don't like the teacher
                  3. I don't like quite a few classmates
                  4. Seriously, I want to shoot myself while on that class, it's incredibly stressing and annoying, and there are a lot of unfair aspects
                  5. When you tell your friends you're in ESL they think you're kind of 'dumby'.
                  6. English gives more points than ESL (each class has a different punctuation you earn for it, and certainly English has a much greater punctuation than ESL)
                  7. Because I'm ready to leave that class
                  7. because I really wanted to get out of there!

Anyway, I think English is better and I want to be there a lot more than be on the freakin' ESL class.

www.costaricasur.com

www.costaricaaviation.com

Comment

Whoah man this topic is what... 17 months old?

Of course kind of fitting because I had an AP english exam for 4 hours this morning.

Comment

Re: English Class Sucks

Originally posted by hkgspotter1

Other then that I have nothing to say [img]evil2.gif[/img]
                      Aside from another typical and irrational anti-American outburst from Darryl, what was the point of bringing this up? How is it related to someone's English course?

Comment

I know exactly what you mean.

And our stupid teacher...she thinks she is the only right one.

In To Kill A Mockingbird, we have to identify so many examples of symbolism. For some objects, everyone's opinion is different. But she thinks hers is the only right one. She never listens to anyone's reasoning...she even argued with another teacher because she insisted that she was right.
                        Will F.
                        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I hate english class too. I don't give a damn about meter and what not in poetry or the symbolism of a name

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                            I hate english class too. I don't give a damn about meter and what not in poetry or the symbolism of a name
                            So I take you are not a great fan of Iambic Pentameter? hehehe
                            Will F.
                            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

English is a whole lot better than Math, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X