No announcement yet.

English Class Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I take you are not a great fan of Iambic Pentameter?
    I actually never even understood the concepts at all I'm just like yea.... whatever

And no body be a smart ass and start explaing it now :P

Comment

Nope Greg, gotta disagree there. Math rules - it's basically all I go to school for.

As for English, it is pretty good as well. What I don't like however is how my photography teacher tries to look for the deeper meaning in every photograph he sees. Maybe the guy just took it coz he liked what he saw, and not because it symbolized loneliness and corruption in society.
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Math is a lot better than English.

The reason I say that is because Math is very objective. There's only 1 right answer. As long as you understand the concepts, it's a piece of cake.

English, however, is so subjective. When you try to understand "the deeper meaning" and symbolism, etc...everyone can have a different opinion. The teacher is not always right, because he/she is not the author. So for him/her to say "This is right, and everything else is wrong" is quite simply, bullsh*t!
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

The only thing I like about English is that I'm reasonably good at it & get good grades in there. And that's all the good...

Try reading Julius Caesar & not understanding most of the words because of the dialect Shakespeare used. (Thank God for bookrags.com! )

It doesn't help that our teacher's a remarkably rude, annoying b*tch who is always right & is despised by 95% of the students that have her. She said that one of my friends' recent book reports (which he did mostly on his own, with the help of a neighbor with a minor in English) was "too good" & gave him a 0 on it. Needless to say, he was pissed.

She's also making another friend of mine recite the "Friends, Romans, Countrymen..." speech tomorrow....after she's been out for 2 weeks with Mono & has been barely able to move, let alone study. Anna (the 2nd "she") was less than happy when I walked to the parking lot with her after school.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
            Math is a lot better than English.

The reason I say that is because Math is very objective. There's only 1 right answer. As long as you understand the concepts, it's a piece of cake.
            The problem sometimes (often with me), is finding the 1 right answer....

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

I like english class this year.

My teacher is a Duke fan!

Comment

I've always hated English/Literature class (don't we all :P ) but my teachers make it quite interesting! I think it all depends on the teacher

Comment

I hated English untill thsi year, our teacher rules. We get next to no homeowrk, everything is laib back and enjoyable. he gets sidetracked easily (once we had to do some plays, we ended up arguing about something in Prison). Hes awesome, and i have to say, im probably learning a hell of a lot more than last years, bore a thon
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
                    I've always hated English/Literature class (don't we all :P ) but my teachers make it quite interesting! I think it all depends on the teacher
                    It really does. I have had such excelent english teachers. It really makes all the difference.

Now math is another story...

Comment

Working...
                    X