Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year old brings gun to school

Story from http://www.wstm.com

A student at Huntington Elementary School, in Eastwood, is accused of bringing an unloaded handgun to school.
    Parents who came to pick up their kids at the school Monday could hardly believe the news.
    Syracuse police say the 10 year old boy brought an unloaded .32 caliber revolver into the school. He allegedly concealed the gun inside his book bag and put it in his locker.
    Police say the child showed another kid the gun, and that kid told a teacher. The teacher and a police officer searched the boy's locker and confiscated the gun.
    City schools spokesperson Neil Driscoll says everyone reacted appropriately.
    "The system worked well and the gun was discovered, but we're still somewhat overwhelmed with the age of the youth and his ability to get the weapon," Driscoll.
    The boy was charged in family court with criminal possession of a handgun, and he's been suspended pending a superintendents hearing. His mother, Jennifer Barkins-Harrison, 36, is also charged with criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
    Police say she told them the gun belonged to her grandmother, and though she says she put it in a secure place, the boy knew where to look.
    School principal Frank Misurelly says the 10 year old told him he was being harassed on a school bus on Friday and felt he needed the gun for protection.
    "I never thought it would happen to me so close in school where my son attends," says parent Johanna Bobyn.
    "I could see it if it was a high school kid or something, not a 10 year old. Where'd he get the gun anyway?" questioned parent Rick Brower.
    The boy is being held at the Hillbrook Detention Center. The mother was given an appearance ticket. Both are charged with misdemeanor crimes.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Sounds a little extreme he didn't shoot anybody.

Comment

Re: 10 year old brings gun to school

Originally posted by herpa2003
      "I could see it if it was a high school kid or something, not a 10 year old. Where'd he get the gun anyway?" questioned parent Rick Brower.
      thats what happens when you have half a billion guns floating around your country
      aviation chat on irc: #[email protected]

Comment

again?
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
          Sounds a little extreme he didn't shoot anybody.
          Still, bringing a gun to school is a serious offense. This kid just screwed up the rest of his life.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Re: 10 year old brings gun to school

Originally posted by zak
            Originally posted by herpa2003
            thats what happens when you have half a billion guns floating around your country
            More like half a billion retarded parents.

Comment

The youngest was a 6 year old boy shoting a 6 year old girl.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Sounds like trailer trash to me and a bit of an over reaction. Kid's will take all sorts of things to school without realising the implications.

Thankfully it was unloaded.

mb
                Toy Box Day Party Went Off

Pictures soon at:

www.danceruby.com.au

Comment

Working...
                X