Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle

Guys tomorrow I am leaving for a trip to Vancouver and Seattle. I heard that there is something in a kind of a museum in Seattle as this is the Boeing's home. If somebody was there can you please tell me what to see there and waht is the most interesting there. Thanx a lot. Maybe I will post some pictures I take there.

The Museum of Flight is one of the coolest aviation museums I have ever been too. You can walk next to a 747, 727, Concorde. They have some cool aviation planes hanging from the ceiling. There is a mock ATC tower you can go in and watch planes depart from Boeing Field.

You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Cool can you get into some airplanes?

Comment

I would like to visit that museum some day too. I saw the video when they moved the very first 747 prototype across the road to a permanent exhibition area of the museum. Quite a sight.

Patrick, if you're on the west coast until next weekend, be sure to catch the Abbotsford International Airshow, held from Aug 12-14. It's arguably the biggest airshow in Canada. I would like to attend it some day too
        http://www.abbotsfordairshow.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          Cool can you get into some airplanes?
          Some of them you can get into, just watch out for the glass, they keep it dangerously clean I found out the hard way
          You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Really cool I am staying there till the end of October and I will wait for air show. Thankx ppl!

Comment

The Museum of Flight at Boeing Field is well worth the visit, as is a trip to the Boeing wide body assembly plant in Everett.

Comment

I was just in Seattle last week...

I didn't get to visit the museum of flight but I did get up to the wide body plant in Everett. It is well worth the trip, even though the tour is only about an hour and 10 minutes and no cameras are allowed. However, it is very interesting watching everyone work. First you take a bus tour around the field to see the latest buit planes. The day I went, there were 3 777-300's (JAL, ANA, EVA), and 777-200 (Asiana) and a China Airlines Cargo 744.

After the field tour, you go inside the worlds largest building (by volume) and tour the 747 line. It is really amazing to see those planes being built right in front of you.
                GO SIOUX

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                  Really cool I am staying there till the end of October and I will wait for air show. Thankx ppl!
                  Hey There! Definitely check the museum out. You'll be able to tour a number of aircraft including the Concorde. Check which jets are open for viewing prior to going, however, if you have particulars that you want to see.

Are you planning to spot while in Seattle? Let me know! Check out www.seaspotter.com for details on the areas, etc. If you plan a day of spotting, I may be interested in joining!
                  Steve J. Garrod

Seattle, WA

The Ship Café

Comment

Working...
                  X