Association of songs with games and vv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Association of songs with games and vv

We all tend to associate certain songs with certain movies or vice-versa, like "Time of my live" being connected to "Dirty Dancing" or "Danger zone" with "Top Gun", but do you also connect songs to games. As an obvious example, I associate "Welcome to the jungle" with "GTA San Andreas", because you hear it in every single commercial. But I also mean rather coincidental examples, e.g. in GTA:SA I'm just crusing around Los Santos and get to the towers in the water, and at the same on TV I see "Hate it or love it" by The Game, showing those same towers I just passed in the game, and *click*, another game/song association just too place. Something similar happened when I played "Deus Ex" and first heard "Enjoy the silence '04". So, do any of you have similar associations?

Yeah, definitely do. I used to play SimCopter a few years back, and the theme music for that was 'Ride of the Valkyries"...so anytime I hear that now it reminds me of SimCopter.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Perhaps I'm odd, but when I see GTA:SA I think of NWA, 'Express Yourself'. (or if I hear the song I think of the game)

Not so much the song, but that bass line..

Asian Dub Foundation, 'Fortress Europe' or Junkie XL, 'Action Radius' reminds me of Need for Speed Underground.

Alot of EA and Activision games have popular songs in them these days.

My ALL time favourite sound track to a game is for Jet Set Radio Future. That's some crazy funky music. "Oldies but Happies", "Funky Dealer", and "Birthday Cake" are great tracks.

Comment

If I hear pretty much any song from GTA: Vice City, I associate it with the game. I heard Cutting Crew's "Died in Your Arms" on the radio the other day & expected to hear Fernando Martinez doing the lead-ins & talking about the songs when they're over. I've heard a few songs from San Andreas that I associate with the game when I hear them as well.

Bon Jovi's "Everyday" reminds me of Madden NFL 2003, since it was on the soundtrack for it in the game.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
        X