My adventure on the ice fields w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My adventure on the ice fields w/pics

A bunch of friends and I got invited to go up and do some dog sledding and play around on the ice fields for a day, then we went on a raft trip. The weather was excellent, but a tad smokey(we have two forest fires with in 50 miles).Here are some pics from our busy day.
    After our boat got into Skagway we walked over to the Temsco building to catch our chopper flight up to the fields.

Since they were low on mushers, they gave us a ride on a Snow Cat. While we were waiting for the rest of the group to get shuttled up, we visited with the puppies. We found out these puppies want to pull your finger off

Once the rest of the group got here, we hopped in the Snow Cat for our adventure.

Once we got to one part of the journey we all hopped out and had a big snowball fight, which doesnt happen very often in July. I didnt get mant pics, as I was busy defending my self

After a steep climb and comstant slipping we made to the top of a hill, with an amazing view. Here is my friend photographing something

Then we slid down the hill on our bottoms, and most of us were in shorts. Thats another rare moment. Then it was time to go.

After we all returned, we were picked up by the river rafting folks. After about a half hour drive we hiked about 1.8 miles along a very steep trail where we hopped in the rafts and floated down.

We unloaded and had some cookies and then hopped in the van and returned to the boat dock and waited for the boat. We finally returned home at about 9 PM. It was a long day, but very fun. Thanks for reading.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Looks like fun.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

You sure know how to make people envious. You used more forms of transportation in one day than most people use in a year! How did you all fit into the helicopter? Did you all pay a bit for the helicopter? Also I don’t get it, why was no one was dressed for conditions?

Sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
        Also I don’t get it, why was no one was dressed for conditions?
        Despite how it looks, the temperature is quite agreeable Only in the mountains!

Comment

Also I don’t get it, why was no one was dressed for conditions?
          Heh, I have experienced "warm" snow before. Its probably like 60/70 degrees up there lol. Awesome pics, I would seriously upload some of the helicopter pics. The first couple are sweet.
          Ryan Davis
          Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
          www.flyerguide.net

Comment

You sure know how to make people envious. You used more forms of transportation in one day than most people use in a year! How did you all fit into the helicopter? Did you all pay a bit for the helicopter? Also I don’t get it, why was no one was dressed for conditions?

Sorry for all the questions.
            The person who invited us up paid for everything,including the chopper. The helicopter can seat 6, besides the pilot. The temperature was 70/80 or so, quite nice. Thanks for all the comments.
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Well, I wandered around abandoned warehouses in Lynchburg...

lol, nice shots man

Comment

Looks like an awesome time. Shame to be living in Illinois...though we get a lot of snow, but not in 80 degree heat, ovbiously!

Anyway, looks awesome. I would love to visit Alaska.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Working...
                X