X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane Spotters

What they dont notice, the sound of the plane scared their horses away

Comment

Actually, I believe these folks might be Mennoites, as Amish would probably not be caught near an airport.

You know, this might be an answer to our spotting problems..dress as Mennoites. I don't believe that local Police would see us as threats dressed in such garb . Though taking a camera along might spoil the effect.

Great pic though.......

Thomas
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Definetly not Amish. Check out the truck on the right side of the pic.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

They look like puritans!
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

They're Amish. Full (very short!) story here.

"It is permissible for an Amish person to use modern transportation provided that he does not personally own or operate the equipment. Some travel has become a necessity as growing communities have had to move westward in order to acquire additional farmland for young couples. Some of the newest communities are in Utah."

No computers? No electricity? This lifestyle might seem tough to most of us, but to the Amish, it's the norm. Read about the Amish culture, see pictures and learn how and why the Amish live as they do.

Comment

I was in Atlanta once and saw an Amish person getting his luggage from an ASA flight. That really surprised me.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                I was in Atlanta once and saw an Amish person getting his luggage from an ASA flight. That really surprised me.
                Did it surprise you that he was at an airport or that he had luggage. I mean seriously they wear the same thing.

Comment

Who is an Amish person?

:realizes he should have paid more attention in history class:

:also realizes that history is very boring, so quits blaming himself:
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Don't know if they are in other countries but in the US they are people that like to live a simple life away from technology.

Comment

Oh, Ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X