Eat Your Heart Out, Natalee Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat Your Heart Out, Natalee Holloway

There are 1,000's of people who are missing that just aren't as "pretty" as Natalee Holloway was, so therefore they go unmentioned on a daily basis in the news media.

However, this is something different. A 26-year-old woman who is nine months pregnant and is due Tuesday, August 23, has gone missing since Sunday, August 14.

Given at least the brief mention a 5-months-pregnant woman in Philadelphia received when she went missing for a couple days (I believe she was found?), I would have thought that perhaps Amanda Jones would have been mentioned on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, or at least something by now. Alas, she has not been.

Why hasn't she been mentioned? I don't know. There are several possibilities. The Philadelphia woman was black, and not to turn this into a racial issue, but one of many questions remain..."could her disappearance have been mentioned to equal out the attention given to Natalee Holloway?"

I, myself, working in tv, know there are many questions and many answers, but no matter the answer, Amanda Jones, mother of a 4 year old girl, is missing and here are two articles below. Perhaps someone will see her picture on this very forum and make the important phone call. Or perhaps I'm just dreaming, but, I tried.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=83541

http://wb11tv.trb.com/kplr-news-0821...ll=kplr-home-1

It's a sad fact that media outlets pay less attention to missing minority women. NBC's Dateline said most networks run segments that would draw the most viewers, and most viewers sadly aren't as interested in missing minority women. But it they showed every missing woman, they'd have no time for other news.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Eat Your Heart Out?

That is a pretty sick, thoughtless comment if I have ever heard one. The fundamental difference is that Natalee disappeared in a different country known to be a popular vacation place for people her age. Someplace thought to be safe.

Not that they are less important, but the "thousands" you say go missing each year, do so right here at home, nowhere near the interest on a national / international scale, and many disappear on their own.

I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime100
        Eat Your Heart Out?

That is a pretty sick, thoughtless comment if I have ever heard one. The fundamental difference is that Natalee disappeared in a different country known to be a popular vacation place for people her age. Someplace thought to be safe.

Not that they are less important, but the "thousands" you say go missing each year, do so right here at home, nowhere near the interest on a national / international scale, and many disappear on their own.

I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

I don't care if Natalee Holloway went skipping right down the sidewalk to Grandma's house, the point is, she voluntarily left the club with the guys in question. I say, whatever happened to her, she got what she deserved.

And the Amanda Jones case beats the pants off of hers. She disappeared from her own home town from the civic center after some community event gathering. Someplace thought to be as safe and as common to you as your own back yard.

Natalee Holloway just has blonde hair and blue eyes.

I'm not surprised you can't see the difference.

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        It's a sad fact that media outlets pay less attention to missing minority women. NBC's Dateline said most networks run segments that would draw the most viewers, and most viewers sadly aren't as interested in missing minority women. But it they showed every missing woman, they'd have no time for other news.
        We all saw that and thought NBC News shot itself in the foot with that one. I figured some radio talk stations would be picking up on that one the next day...and no one did. Was surprised.

Comment

Working...
        X