Wild YYZ Weather!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild YYZ Weather!!

First we had Air France crashing in the midst of a violent storm, and last Friday afternoon another blew across southern Ontario spawning tornados, and a lot of flooding....Brampton near YYZ had five inches of rain during the deluge. I have just spent the last two days cleaning out the basement of my parent's house in Scarborough, which ended up with three inches of water in it via the floor drain, a mix of storm runoff and (ugh) sewage!!! First time in 33 years we have had a wet basement. The weather this summer here sure has seen its extremes...anyone else in the same situation.

Nope, nothing really down this way, just fog, which messes up our controllable OTP...g-dammit!
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

We've had an even worse time in Manitoba...I've already been chased by funnels twice this year (granted, I was looking for them) and knocked on my can by a bolt of lightning (30 feet away, baby!). Tennis ball size hail on a dozen or so occasions, and the most spectacular lightning this side of the galaxy...literally five flashes per second. It's awesome!

Comment

And roads collapsing.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
          First we had Air France crashing in the midst of a violent storm, and last Friday afternoon another blew across southern Ontario spawning tornados, and a lot of flooding....
          The same storm system that caused the tornados in Ontario also caused a large number of tornados in Wisconsin earlier in the week, which was very unusual for this late in the summer season.
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Comment

Nice pictures YYZPICS!

Comment

WOW!
                wouldn't you fear for your live?
                I know I would
                Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                - Metzgermeister

Comment

Crazy weather up here last week....hopefully all is good tomorrow, we are heading down to YYZ for the day

Bruno: Great pics BTW!
                  Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                  EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                  EF-S 18-55mm
                  EF 28-135mm IS USM
                  EF 70-200mm f4L
                  EF 100-400L IS
                  1.4X II Teleconverter
                  Canon 420EX Speedlite
                  Canon 430EX Speedlite
                  Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Wow! Great storm photos!
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

oo sorry guys i didnt take those, a friend of my moms took those and emailed them to us.

Comment

This is the 2nd year in a row we've been robbed of summer here in Calgary... in June we had record rainfall, a pretty crappy July, and we've had close to record low overnight temperatures and lots of rain through August... certainly not like the Alberta summers I am used to...

Oh well, it's almost September which means we should see snowfall within weeks...
                        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by medic1
                          Crazy weather up here last week....hopefully all is good tomorrow, we are heading down to YYZ for the day
                          You guys are coming down on the rite day, Aviation World is suppose to have a huge sale on everything and also having a BBQ. I might come but have to work later in the day

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                            You guys are coming down on the rite day, Aviation World is suppose to have a huge sale on everything and also having a BBQ. I might come but have to work later in the day
                            Good timing on our part....lol.

Maybe we'll see you out there.
                            Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                            EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                            EF-S 18-55mm
                            EF 28-135mm IS USM
                            EF 70-200mm f4L
                            EF 100-400L IS
                            1.4X II Teleconverter
                            Canon 420EX Speedlite
                            Canon 430EX Speedlite
                            Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                              Well isn't that just what my wallet needs. I forgot all about the sale

I'll have to see what Connies they have around, can't have too many 1:400 Constellations.

Comment

Working...
                              X