Jetphotos.net VS Airliners.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetphotos.net VS Airliners.net

Hi all, I was just wondering which of these two websites you think are the best:

Jetphotos

Airliners

In my opinion I'm glad Jetphotos.net came along because Airliners.net just got SO BORING, the dark blue dull background, the server forever going down, people in efect changing the topic of posts that you make in the forum so you never end up getting the answer you are after. Then Jetphotos.net, A nice bright background, clear forums, you actually get your answers in the forum, and the server has never been down-at least not while i've been on anyway! [img]laff.gif[/img]

Thanks

jmc_757-200 [img]heart.gif[/img] JMC

Enjoy Every Moment

Please no. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I personally like both sites. Jetphoto's interface is refreshing and easy to look at. The users of the message boards don't seem to treat each other like children when one disagrees with another. A.Net is certainly larger and has more to offer on the message boards. Although I’m getting tired of the U.S.A bashing and the moderators doing nothing about, but if your American and say something bad about another country you quickly get deleted.

As far as pics, I'm very impressed how many pictures Jetphoto's has already. All in all both are great sites but Jetphoto’s is an American ran site, and I’m always partial to the red, white, and blue.

Comment

Chris, I remember your last site. It closed with a reason that you couldn't afford to run it. Can you explain how this one will be supported. i am not keen on uploading a lot of images only to find another email in my mailbox telling me that it is closing again.

Comment

Well, I certainly believe that J.P. is going to give A.Net a run for it's money in the future, I mean 10,000 pics in only 2 months, I don't think that Planepictures has grown that fast. I too rather like the look of this site. I still very much enjoy A.Net as well and for the time being and let's face it, it is the place for your work to be seen by the right people, a.k.a. buyers! Though I believe that J.P. with the right promotion can catch the eyes of A.D.s and other buyers.

As for the lack of server clitches thus far, well with all respect to Chris and the others, this is still a very new site and when this site really takes off I would expect to see some (not all) of the problems that have plagued A.Net to show up here. After all things do break down every so often, especially when you have a popular site. I just hope that the egos will remain in check.

Anti-Americanism on A.Net......naaaahhhhhh! Then again it is a European dominated site, so that goes without saying. Frankly, it has been hip to be anti-American since '1945'. After all we are the most evil, oppressive nation on the planet, bent on total domination or destruction! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thomas
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I like airliners.net but do love this refreshed look that this site offers. What's more, I have a ton of sweet train photos to upload too!

Airliners.net and this site are very different though. I think that many awesome photos that "might" have made it on airliners.net never will b/c of the stringent specs.

I mean, I have loads of plane and train photos. My train photos are better b/c of the perspectives I used. But I am not a WHIZ at scanning, so many uploads that could have been, weren't.

So I think this site has some great exciting photos that anet may not have.

peace, mirrodie
            Witness the miracle of flight.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I do hope this site will keep running as its doing great.

Tom,

The America issue, sorry to say unless the US keeps out of other countries business it will never stop.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by hkgspotter1:

Tom,

The America issue, sorry to say unless the US keeps out of other countries business it will never stop.

[img]skeptical.gif[/img]
                What would you be saying right now if we would have first attacked Afghanistan? Look what happened, if we would have acted before they attacked us I guarantee it that you and all these other anti-attack Iraq people would been saying "oh that isnt fair, etc."

YOU don't know the reasons why we are after Iraq, unless of course you get a daily breifing from the UN?

I highly doubt Bush is gonna take any chances after 9'11 and if Iraq could attack us I'm sure he wouldnt hesitate.
                Either way its for our safety and the countries around Iraq.

But either way what do we have to do with our government?
                Plenty of Americans didnt vote for Bush. (I voted for him!) If Bush wants to attack Iraq do you think I can call him up on the phone and say "No George don't do it."?

If I don't like your government should I bash you and the others who live in your country??

[ December 18, 2002 01:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Robert ]

Comment

I agree Robert, but this is a free speech forum! I don't want to see a civil war. So I say end the country nonsense. I personally believe there should be no borders and we(the world) should all work as one!
                  Gary R. Tinnes
                  Canada
                  See my photos:
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=391
                  See My Fantasy Airliner images:
                  http://www.geocities.com/fantasyairliners

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by hkgspotter1:

Tom,

Well when most of these countries invite us in and embrace our way of life what should we do? Tell them to take a hike, we'd get beat up for that too. It sure is tough being the greatest country on the face of the earth [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Groundcrew1:
                      I agree Robert, but this is a free speech forum! I don't want to see a civil war. So I say end the country nonsense. I personally believe there should be no borders and we(the world) should all work as one!

Free speech, yes. But I'm not going to sit back and watch people bash the US. I'll happily listen to their reasons why we are all murderers but I'll also add my 0.02 [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Robert,

People need to understand what they are arguing about .. 90% of this "US Bashing" occurs in the minds of those accusing everyone of US Bashing.

Also ... 90% of those whinging about people bashing the USA are generally bashing some other country ...

VH-ADG
                        ADG
                        No makeovers please .....

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by VH-ADG:
                          Robert,

People need to understand what they are arguing about .. 90% of this "US Bashing" occurs in the minds of those accusing everyone of US Bashing.

Also ... 90% of those whinging about people bashing the USA are generally bashing some other country ...

VH-ADG

First, I never and have never bashed any other country.
                          Second, don't think like Johan and say that US bashing at A.net is not happening, when we all know it is. Wehn HKG just admitted it does for one thing..
                          I could point out many many threads, or instances where it has occured and was left alone by the moderators saying the same old "We don't feel it violates any rules."
                          Yet a thread called "Vermont" does.
                          Give me a break. Either way I'm not going to get into that because this is JetPhotos not airliners.

Comment

Look I don't want a fight on this forum but the fact is 90% of Americans stand by their President whatever he does. Even if he attacked North Korea they would all support it.

Now as for Iraqi, The USA AND THE UK are going to bomb them whatever happens and they will be VERY WRONG. If you listen to the news these days more and more countries are very pissed about how the USA took the report from the UN and only gave Edited copies to most of the countries in the UN.

As many already know Iraqi is no danger to the US or UK, what they want is Sadam out because they just don't like him and they need to control the oil.

I'm British and I do not think Blair is correct to follow Bush around like a little pet dog. Just yesterday I was on the BBC hearing how the USA want to upgrade some sight they have in the UK to do some Son of Star Wars thing. Only small problem is they want the UK to pay for half of it !!. Something like 10 Million UKP !!

Anyway I don't hate Americans as some think I just don't think they open their eyes to the world, its just USA and nothing else.

My view only.

Comment

Daryl,

As a moderator, and site administrator, I normally try to stay out of these debates. I will make an exception in this case however...

With all due respect, Daryl, your views are completely misguided, and frankly, many of them are factually incorrect.

Addressing your first point, which asserts that 90% of Americans will support the President no matter what he does -- this is absurd. No American President receives 90% support for something.. EVER. In fact, public support for a war against Iraq is currently at about 55% -- hardly a large majority. And this is a popular issue -- normally the spread is even closer.

Regarding Iraq, and this is going to be a bit longwinded...

You assert that Iraq presents no danger to the United States and the UK. I'd like to know what inside knowledge you have that allows you to make such an irrefutable statement. You don't know, any more than I do, what kind of threat Iraq poses.

Iraq, on almost a daily basis, fires on American and British fighter jets patrolling a U.N. sanctioned no-fly zone over that country. That, to me, alone, is enough to warrant a measured response from the US and Britain. What other country do you know of that could repeatedly fire against U.S. forces and not suffer immediate retalitory action?. I'll answer -- None. If anything, the U.S. has been extremely lenient with Iraq.

However, let's assume for a moment that your assertion that Iraq poses no direct threat to the U.S. and Britain is true.

Do you deny that Iraq poses an immediate threat to Israel, Kuwait, and other surrounding nations and US/Britain allies? Surely you don't. Allies defend one another, and come to each others' aid -- just as the US did for Kuwait when Hussein invaded the country in 1991.

Surely, also, you don't deny the fact that Saddam's regime poses a threat to the very citizens of Iraq. Do a Google search on the plight of women in Iraq. Read the horrible and disgusting reports of how teachers, doctors, etc. were dragged into the streets and executed by beheading in front of hoards of people bussed in to watch the executions all because they were suspected of being prostitutes.

Read the stories of how millions of innocent Iraqis who have spoken out against Hussein's regime or policies, and indeed entire ethnic groups of Iraqis, have been exterminated for their political or religious beliefs.

Then try to defend that. To hide behind the guise of 'that is their right, it is their country, who are we to interfere?' makes a person, in my eyes, no better than those who defended Nazi Germany and the similar atrocities which took place there as well.

To defend gross crimes against humanity as a "country's sovereignty" is just silly and stupid.

Regarding the fact that a number of nations --

I could care less what these nations think. Just because a bunch of pacifist nations who think problems will just go away if they are ignored agree on something doesn't make it right. If you'd like to blame someone for the way the Weapons "Declaration" was distributed, blame the U.N. The U.N. and solely the U.N. was responsible for determining who got what report.

Regarding your assertion that this war is about oil --

Rubbish. Iraq -- rightly or wrongly (in violation of U.N. sanctions) -- illegally sells millions of barrels of oil to oil companies every month at some of the lowest prices available. To assert that a regmine change in Iraq would lower oil prices is not only false, but it shows great ignorance on the part of whomever came up with the stupid claim.

I, frankly, am sick of half the world being upset with the U.S. no matter what we do. Not only that, but verbalizing it so damned frequently. Fact is, we are damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

If we interfere in a situation like Iraq, we are accused of "policing the World." But when hostile situations erupt, who are the first people called for help every damned time? You're right! WE ARE!

Other nations of the world do not have the right to pick and choose what situations they feel our country should be involved in. If our country sees a situation like the one in Iraq -- with threats against us, our allies, and indeed innocent civilians of that country -- it is our responsibility to act. As I said before, the fact that some other nations disagree does not make their opinion right. It simple shows where they stand.

This country provides far, far more foreign aide to impoverished nations and peoples than any other country out there. Yet we are seen, by many, as the fashionable target of bashers 'round the world. I do not know if it's jealousy, envy, ignorance, genuine stupidity, or a dangerous combination of all of them -- but it sucks, and I'm sick and tired of it.

If I had my way, any country receiving any foreign aide from the U.S. would be required to show complete, unilateral support for our positions, and our people. If this was not done, all foreign aid would cease immediately.

Now before you run and say that the U.S. has no right to demand complete support from other countries, I'll say it first. You're absolutely right! But likewise, the U.S. has no obligation to provide any foreign aide to anyone.

To read this kind of garbage on Airliners.Net is one thing -- I would expect it there. But to read it from someone whom, otherwise, I've always considered to be a reasonable and respectable person really surprises me, and makes me sad.
                              Trump is an idiot!
                              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X