Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Damage: "Hundreds" Killed by Katrina...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambush on relief workers and subsequent gun battle has left 6 dead, all appear to be the attackers. Police did a great job defending the rescue workers. What is this world coming to...?
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Coverage of the relief exposes something else to the rest of the world including Americans themselves - a dirt poor society (once) living in the midst of violence and drugs. Heck, many of them didn't have much money in their savings to begin with.

It would also be foolish not to expect any knuckle heads in this type of a deteriorating situation when drug addicts and gang bangers are running around freely looking for trouble. But of course, stupidity is just another contributing factor when it comes to Americans shooting their own rescuers and looting. Feel immensly sorry for those who are trying to save lives out there.

The media is on a roller coaster ride when it comes to Katrina's relief coverage:
      - Reaction/Response Time
      - Preventative measures
      - Society, Color and Class
      - Feds Priorities
      - Looting etc etc

Comment

Well as someone sitting a long way away in a country that faced a similar disaster on one of it's capital cities (25th December 1974) I have to say that the authorities reaction to this disaster was one of the most appalling things i've ever seen.

Absolutely woeful.

Now is the time to help the living and recover the dead... later on you should consider a day of reckoning for those who's appalling lack of organisation and assistance allowed this to get so out of hand.

May the dead RIP, may the living find their missing loved ones and a place to be safe.
        ADG
        No makeovers please .....

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
          I have to say that the authorities reaction to this disaster was one of the most appalling things i've ever seen.
          I'm sorry, did anyone ask you?

Don't you just love monday morning quarterbacks?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
            Well as someone sitting a long way away in a country that faced a similar disaster on one of it's capital cities (25th December 1974) I have to say that the authorities reaction to this disaster was one of the most appalling things i've ever seen.

Absolutely woeful.

Now is the time to help the living and recover the dead... later on you should consider a day of reckoning for those who's appalling lack of organisation and assistance allowed this to get so out of hand.

May the dead RIP, may the living find their missing loved ones and a place to be safe.
            Agree, the Mayor and Governor really dropped the ball on this one...
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
            X