Jetphotos.net Forums Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetphotos.net Forums Future

I've been gone for the last three days and now I'm really shocked!

I noticed the drastic change in the threads and posts and the users. And the change is for the worse. I feel, with the new swarm of A.net users, this forum is turning into A.net, the Sequel. The quantity of posts are increasing, but the quality is gone!

Just look at some of the headings in the Off Topic Forum (I won't mention any names), I don't even want to open those threads!

I really miss the JP.net forums we had a few weeks ago. With a limited amount of regular posters, this really felt like a community. Everyone was really close. Every post (ok, almost every) was good, or interesting, to say the least. We had a great time here!

Now, I'm not sure what's going to happen to these forums. But I really hope Chris tries hard to maintain the quality of users and posts, so that the JP.net forums stay great!
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

The option is to not open the thread if you don't approve of the topic. I only open the ones I'd like to look at.

Comment

I didn't open them...but I'm just saying, it's sad seeing the quality steadily declining

Comment

B777-400: What is bothering you? The thread names seem ok from my POV, but that's just IMO.
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I know the threads you are referring too and if you did open them it is mostly the regulars talking in them. People that have been around alot longer than you.
          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            B777-400: What is bothering you? The thread names seem ok from my POV, but that's just IMO.
            For example that "before going to bed thread"....I really didnt' want to read about guys wanking off...

Comment

Lol, that thread has almost turned into an "anything goes" thread, nothing wrong with it, I think it's good, I just hope it doesn't get locked...
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I understand that you may not want to hear that but to try and spin it that its A.net people that our doing it is flat out wrong.

Comment

Well I'm not the one who started the "Be Prepared" thread before they came

Comment

Re: Jetphotos.net Forums Future

Originally posted by B777-400
                    I noticed the drastic change in the threads and posts and the users. And the change is for the worse. I feel, with the new swarm of A.net users, this forum is turning into A.net, the Sequel. The quantity of posts are increasing, but the quality is gone!

Just look at some of the headings in the Off Topic Forum (I won't mention any names), I don't even want to open those threads!
                    i 100% agree even tho im an a.net refugee myself. to me it seems that this forum has turned into a pre puberty geek forum who need to reassure themselves on what they wear eat watch etc.
                    aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Comment

Re: Jetphotos.net Forums Future

Originally posted by zak
                      pre puberty geek forum who need to reassure themselves on what they wear eat watch etc.

Thats funny. If you look at the topics you can actually see that.

Comment

Will, you do make a good point. Personally I just don't open the threads that don't interest me. Sadly, that number is rising (as my post average decreases :P ). Oh well, free forum and posters have a right to post what they want provided that it sticks within guidlines.

Comment

Well I am enjoying myself quite alot here now, its become alot more active, and atleast we dont have any petty war/political threads...IMO this is what "off-topic" is all about...a place to goof off and make new friends by being spontaneous

Cheers to my new friends:

Mikecweb
                          Katamarino
                          Intheshade
                          MikeD
                          Screaming_Emu

-Clovis

Comment

It's great fun, I have learned that I don't want to go to Cambridge, but ERAU Prescott campus sounds good.

Comment

I too am having loads more fun on these forums. I think the only thing that is needed to really complete these forums is a forum similar to the tech-ops forum in a.net. However, what really makes that forum, are the people in it. Hopefully one will grow here in time before we have to pay to even view the forums over there. I haven't heard anything along those lines, but it appears that is certainly the direction that site is going.

Comment

Working...
                              X