Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goliath Coming to Six Flags Over Georgia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goliath Coming to Six Flags Over Georgia!

The press release was today for the new coaster in 2006, now known as Goliath.

The Press Release

The Video

and Pictures:

The superman roller coaster will still own that park !

Comment

Was that built in Roller Coaster Tycoon or Theme park Tycoon?
      -Kevin

Comment

Sorry nothing beats Cedar Point

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
          Sorry nothing beats Cedar Point
          Agree with you on that! (knotts isn't bad either just cause it is owned by Cedar Point)

Goliath is not gona be as good in Atlanta as in Magic Mountain just cause it doesn't have as good scenery. Yes Goliath is in Roller Coaster 2.

Edit: WTF??? IT IS A DIFFERENT COASTER???? Why the same name? That is lame.

Comment

^and the designers are different. Bolliger and Mabillard designed this, Giovanola designed Goliath in California. I've never ridden it, but people say the California Goliath is forceless as far as G's and airtime go. I don't think this will out do Superman Ride of Steel for my top spot, but I imagine it will be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
              The superman roller coaster will still own that park !

Superman doesn't have a 200' tall lift hill with a 175' first drop. Plus it's really hard to compare a laydown coaster with a megacoaster (this one almost is a gigacoaster).

Goliath will now becoming the dominant skyline landmark in the park with the demolishing of the Great Gasp (I'm not really shedding any tears over the lost of it and of the Looping Starship). One thing about the ride does show that eventally they will run out of space in the park and will have to really look at what they're going to have to do to add future rides without removing too many fan favorites (I'm still lamenting the loss of one of the log flumes a dozen years later). Goliath will have a lot of its' track outside of the park gates on the grounds around the entrance to the parking lot. Eventually, they may have to acquire more land on which to relocate parking, as that seems to be the easiest way to expand the park in the future. A parking deck wouldn't work because on really crowded nights, it could take hours to empty the deck.

I really do wonder about the future of the park (SFOG is not owned by Six Flags, rather it is owned by another company and the park is run by Six Flags using the Six Flags name) since the entire Six Flags company up for sale (including the management contracts at the handful of SF parks they don't own). Depending on who buys Six Flags (the whole thing started due to Red Zone, an investment firm owned by the owner of the Washington Redskins trying to do a hostile takeover of the company), the park here in Atlanta may or may not stay under the Six Flags name or even Six Flags management. If whoever buys the company decides to not to continue the management on non-company owned parks, the owners of SFOG could be in a bind.

Comment

If its anything like the Goliath they have here its gonna SUCK.

Comment

Working...
                X