Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PT737SWA
    UPDATE:

So my daughter is due to be born 9 weeks from tomorrow! Yikes! We have her nursery room all painted, in 2 shades of PINK We chose a theme of butterflies. I'll take some pics to show y'all. Tonight I have to assemble her crib because my wife is having her first baby shower at our house tomorrow. Oh, and her name is going to be...

Kimberly Elise Thompson

Southwest Flight Attendent Kimberly Thompson has now graduated from the SWA F/A Program....

*ding*

im done day dreaming......

We also had a girl ourselves(well my parents did ) when we usually had boys in the family. I love having a sister shes quite different from my brother thats for sure.

Wishing it success!
    Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

• she could be a pilot too, aint nothin wrong with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
        Southwest Flight Attendent Kimberly Thompson has now graduated from the SWA F/A Program....

*ding*

im done day dreaming......

We also had a girl ourselves(well my parents did ) when we usually had boys in the family. I love having a sister shes quite different from my brother thats for sure.

Wishing it success!
        Alex
        I was kind of hoping for Captain Kimberly Thompson.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I was kind of hoping for Captain Kimberly Thompson.
          That would be cool, by the time shes a pilot for SWA maybe the W.A will be opened up and she can be the first pilot to fly out of DAL under the new law

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
            That would be cool, by the time shes a pilot for SWA maybe the W.A will be opened up and she can be the first pilot to fly out of DAL under the new law

Alex
            Maybe by the time she's a pilot Southwest will be the only Domestic airline.

Comment

• See, I dont know if I'd want to fly for WN and here's why. Once you get on, other than upgrading to captain, there's really not much room for advancing your career. You're gonna be flyin the same plane to the same places for the rest of your career. But then again my goal since I was little was to fly somethin really reallly big and fly it all over the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by screaming_emu
                See, I dont know if I'd want to fly for WN and here's why. Once you get on, other than upgrading to captain, there's really not much room for advancing your career. You're gonna be flyin the same plane to the same places for the rest of your career. But then again my goal since I was little was to fly somethin really reallly big and fly it all over the world.
                I think you might be a good fit for WN with your personality. Plus you never know where WN will be flying on what aircraft 30-40 years from now.

Comment

I think you might be a good fit for WN with your personality. Plus you never know where WN will be flying on what aircraft 30-40 years from now.
                  yeah, I'm sure it would be a fun job since they hire a lot of good people. But even if I were to just do it for a little while, if I wanted to switch to a carrier with international ops I would have to start at the bottom of the food chain there, as well as take a huuuuge paycut since its all based on seniority.

Comment

yeah, I'm sure it would be a fun job since they hire a lot of good people. But even if I were to just do it for a little while, if I wanted to switch to a carrier with international ops I would have to start at the bottom of the food chain there, as well as take a huuuuge paycut since its all based on seniority.
                    Joe, as you know Southwest is not for everyone, SWA is for people who like to fly a lot of flights in a day, and stay within a certain area, and for good humored people (which is definetly you). By all means if you want to fly big planes and go intl go for it, clearly SWA is not the airline for you if you want to be able to do that. As Paul said you never know where or what SWA may be flying if they are still flying 30-40 years down the road. SWA is a good place to start but it is your choice to stay there or not. But in this day and age most people go for job security and in this industry, right now Southwest can offer that security.

Just boils down to what your flying preference is!

Alex

Comment

• flyin a 737 and getting a lot of landings in one day would be a lot of fun, but for me its more about goals. I'm sure it would be a really fun place to work, with good job secuirty, but I'm pretty much addicted to traveling to cool places all over the world. It bugs the crap out of me if I dont accomplish a long term goal that I've had for a while, so if I dont get to do that I dont think I'd be happy.

Comment

flyin a 737 and getting a lot of landings in one day would be a lot of fun, but for me its more about goals. I'm sure it would be a really fun place to work, with good job secuirty, but I'm pretty much addicted to traveling to cool places all over the world. It bugs the crap out of me if I dont accomplish a long term goal that I've had for a while, so if I dont get to do that I dont think I'd be happy.
                        If you ever become a pilot here at WN....you will become a much more proficent pilot. In almost 3 years I can say that my visual approachs and landings have improved 100%. I'm no longer using the speedbrakes as a crutch for my poor vertical planning (except in the -700...you never have enough drag in those planes!). And while flying to the same places can be boring, it has advantages like knowing what runway to request to get in and out of an airport quickly. I was like you...I wanted internationl ops real bad, but I'm happy being a domestic guppy driver.

But to return to the topic at hand:
                        PT...you gotta a whole new way of like coming you're way man! Enjoy it....I have 2 boys (with numero 3 coming in 6-7 mos) and I tell everybody, even though they were not planned, they are the best things that I have done in my life and I'm sure you will feel the same way.

Comment

• Photos of the nursery! Click here. http://wheelsup.smugmug.com/Children

Comment

Working...
                          X