Better Graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Graphics?

I was looking for a new computer and i'd like to know which graphics is better? 128MB or 256MB? I am intersted with a HP computer.
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

My bets are on 256.....I can be wrong though
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

I found this comp, great isn't it? Even has a built in GeForce-6600 256MB graphics, and a nice 200GB hard disk storage.

Comment

Graphics - Yeah, RIGHT !!!!!!!

It's the age old question - what do you want to do with the computer ? If it's GAMES - then you need a FAST CPU, PLENTY of RAM and LOTS of Graphics. Unfortunately, because RAM, CPU's, Storage etc is so cheap these days, software is sloppy - in the days when PC's first appeared, software was VERY WELL DESIGNED AND WRITTEN as it had to be because of the limited CPU power, RAM and storage. Now days, one wonders if it's the tail that wags the dog - we produce "Bigger and Better" computers to handle the GAMES that are now VERY graphic intensive. GAMES are VERY Graphic intensive because we have "bigger and better" computers - trying to keep up with technology is gonna FRUSTRATE you. I work for IBM - at home I still run a PS1 which I bought 10 years ago - it still works very well for "wordsmithing" and data processing type apps - my other desk top is HUGE - WHY ? So I can play Flight Simulator !!!!! nuff said.....................

It's like trying to keep up with the "latest and greatest" camera's. buy one today, in six months it's "obsolete" !!!
        RobB

Comment

Originally posted by RobinB
          It's the age old question - what do you want to do with the computer ? If it's GAMES - then you need a FAST CPU, PLENTY of RAM and LOTS of Graphics. Unfortunately, because RAM, CPU's, Storage etc is so cheap these days, software is sloppy - in the days when PC's first appeared, software was VERY WELL DESIGNED AND WRITTEN as it had to be because of the limited CPU power, RAM and storage. Now days, one wonders if it's the tail that wags the dog - we produce "Bigger and Better" computers to handle the GAMES that are now VERY graphic intensive. GAMES are VERY Graphic intensive because we have "bigger and better" computers - trying to keep up with technology is gonna FRUSTRATE you. I work for IBM - at home I still run a PS1 which I bought 10 years ago - it still works very well for "wordsmithing" and data processing type apps - my other desk top is HUGE - WHY ? So I can play Flight Simulator !!!!! nuff said.....................

It's like trying to keep up with the "latest and greatest" camera's. buy one today, in six months it's "obsolete" !!!
          ?

Comment

That was unsensitive
            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
            - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
              That was unsensitive
              howso?

Comment

Originally posted by RobinB
                Unfortunately, because RAM, CPU's, Storage etc is so cheap these days, software is sloppy
                That's so true. I despise anything that uses an IDE (Visual Studio, C++Builder) and precompiled objects or libraries.

Most of my programming is done in assembly, written in MS DOS Edit, and compiled with TASM or NASM. When people run some of the stuff I've made, and they have Norton AV, it flags the exe as a virus. Stupid Norton. I made a batch converter that came out to 150kb (incl. GUI)....Similar Visual Studio compiled program.....3mb, and much slower.

ASM makes computers happier

Comment

The Tupolev Tu-114.
                  World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                  X