Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed it by THAT much...

RIP Don Adams.

I always though Get Smart was kinda funny. I still watch it once in a while on TVLand..or is it DejaView? Can't remember.

First, 'Gilligan' and now 'Maxwel Smart', all the TV icons of my youth are now leaving, hopefully to a better place.

I'll never forget the 'shoe phone' or the 'Cone Of Silence' or the reason I always tuned in........ Agent '99'! (and Feldon still looks good)

RIP, Don (Agent 86) Adams

Aldo

Comment

RIP..

Although I never heard about him before...
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

RIP

Who was he?
        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
          I'll never forget the 'shoe phone' or the 'Cone Of Silence' or the reason I always tuned in........ Agent '99'! (and Feldon still looks good)
          There were some great wacky gadgets on that show.

There were some catch phrases that were pretty good too(when taken in the context of the show). The "Missed it by that much", "I asked you not to tell me that", "The old *insert situation that he just got tripped up in* trick"...And my personal favourite from KAOS, "At KAOS we don't *insert word here*".

Hey, wasn't he 86 years old?

-- 99 sure did look good.

Zis is KAOS!

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
            RIP

Who was he?

Ahhh......, to be soo young!

Don Adams was the star of a hit 60s spy based sitcom, aired on NBC.

Would you believe..the ultimate Get Smart website with everything you want to know about the series and a whole lot more.

Aldo

Originally posted by Genessee
            Zis is KAOS!
            Ahhh...Bernie Koppell's 'Sigfried' role was a stellar character( far better than his 'Doc' character on "The Love Boat"). I also recall 'Hymie' the android and of course the 'Chief' who always cringed upon agent '86's' requested the use of the ineffective 'Cone Of Silence'.

One of my favourite episodes was when a group of American Indians declared war on the US and threatened to use a nuke tipped 'arrow' against D.C., funny and very politically incorrect nowadays.

In many ways the show was ahead of it's time, thanks to Buck Henry's (creator/director) vision and Don Adams comic genius.

Aldo

Comment

I believe I read Mel Brooks was involved with that show as well.

One of my favorites, along with Inspector Gadget.

Comment

Working...
              X