Donnie Darko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Darko

Just got done watching. I have to say it is a weird, weird, weird movie, but strangely humerous in some aspects. Has anyone else here seen it? If you have, what do you think the point/emphasis of the movie is? What is it trying to portray? After watching it twice I still have no clue how the different subtle hints fit together...The directing is pure genious...perfect soundtrack, perfect musical score, and a very original idea...but I am still having trouble with figuring out the message that the director is trying to get out.

Also, since this is an aviation website- This movie came out in theaters in late October/early November 2001, and was taken out shortly after. My belief is that it was taken out because one of the scenes involves an airplane engine falling in a residential neighborhood and impacting a house. Of course right after this movie came out the American A300 crashed in NYC and one of the most famous images of that crash was one of the engines in someone's driveway in a residential neighborhood. Any chance that the movie was pulled because the theater owners didn't want to reming the public of the tragedies that had just occured?

If you haven't watched it, I would recommend that you do. One of my top picks.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Awesome movie, that "bunny" still scares the shit out of me though .

Comment

I have also seen this movie twice. I have a hard time understanding it aswell. There is so much to it. Well done movie.
      matthew

Comment

Its a very trippy movie, one of my favorites actually. I think I have a pretty good idea of the plot of the movie though it is pretty hard to follow. I'd tell it here, but I'd spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it. Great movie.

Comment

Working...
        X