Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip Tips...?

Hey everyone...another one of those "help the oblivious"-type threads

Anyways, I'm looking for tips/help on keeping the cost of a road trip/flying trip down...just for background, I'm taking a little jaunt down from Winnipeg to Reno, NV to visit a friend of mine... What I need is tips to keep the cost down...I don't exactly have tons of money, and what I do have is being thrown at getting my PPL, CPL and Multi IFR I'm thinking of taking the Warrior down there (C-GPJJ), making it a "free" trip, but I've wanted to go for a long drive for a while too :P

Advice anyone?

Well if you have the money, I'd definately make the flight out of it, granted that does make things a lot more complicated than driving, it would be a really neat experience...my question is, how would it become a "free" trip if you flew the warrior down there?

Comment

Should you decide to make it a real road-trip, a few tips:
      Use a fuel-efficient car, preferably with cruise control
      Pick up coupon guides at welcome stations, can save you lots of money.
      If you have to re-fuel, gas stations further away from the interstate are usually a few cents cheaper
      Have lots of water and other liquids in your car, you never know whether your car might break down.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        Well if you have the money, I'd definately make the flight out of it, granted that does make things a lot more complicated than driving, it would be a really neat experience...my question is, how would it become a "free" trip if you flew the warrior down there?

I figured that since I'm gonna be paying for those hours anyways (I've gotta build time towards my CPL), I might as well put 30 hours in the logbook all at once...would be a really nice x-country as well...

@DAL767-400ER: Thanks Now the thing is finding a fuel-efficient car...I drive a 6-cyl Chrysler Cirrus (2000)...not the worst on gas, I've had 700km/tank a few times...but then again, it's a 6, which means I can probably go a bit better. Nice car though

Comment

Working...
        X