No announcement yet.

Strongful earthquake in India and Pasktin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news. My heart goes out to the victims of this tragedy and their families.

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
    As an atheist I was respectively wondering how it’s possible for them not to be angry with their god, specially considering this earthquake happened during Ramadan?
    It's something that you (being an atheist) wouldn't understand. Hence why people call it "faith".
    Last edited by A340_flyer; 2005-10-10, 04:21. Reason: replace "if" with "it"

Comment

I have to say you have really put it well A340_Flyer, despite myself having phases of doubt and trying to "understand" things logically that are beyond us.

Comment

Heal the world !

All thoughts and my condolences to the family : Those who lost relative(s) ! I dont hear much about it on the tv. Hope the rest of the world get the help needed to where it's needed ! United We Stand !
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Fly, i know your situation also, my 4 cousins were in that area when it happened, and they are just little kids, we tried calling over there, but nothing is getting through, best thing to do is pray.....
          ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN
            I have to say you have really put it well A340_Flyer, despite myself having phases of doubt and trying to "understand" things logically that are beyond us.
            Exactly, we don't need to look any further than the Qur'an, Bible, or Torah to see that God has tested the faith of his followers all the time and that hasn't changed today.

I'd imagine most of the survivors in these affected areas won't blame God for this and suddenly turn atheist, but rather get together with other surviving loved ones to thank God they're alive and pray that God takes those who've passed to paradise (the Muslim term for heaven for those not familiar).

Comment

Terrible tragedy and from what i have read this morning, CNN are sayingteh death toll could be close to 30k people .

As for other countries giving aid, yes there are countries that will be providing aid. America has only said so far that it will $100k dollars and some helicopters to help out. Which perhaps is fair enough seeing as they were hit twice with the hurricanes so i can understand why they cant spare too much.

Thankfully none of my family were close to the earthquake itself but my thoughts go out to the people who have lost loved ones and friends . Already made a £100 donation myself this morning, £100 may not be alot to and to me its nothing but every little helps as they say .

Comment

As for other countries giving aid, yes there are countries that will be providing aid. America has only said so far that it will $100k dollars and some helicopters to help out. Which perhaps is fair enough seeing as they were hit twice with the hurricanes so i can understand why they cant spare too much.
                Actually, as of yesterday, America had pledged $50 million dollars and 8 choppers, with more on th way.
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

A340_flyer, thats exactly what the survivors are doing, thanking God for saving their lives despite having lost almost everything.

There are also foreigners killed in the collapse of the apartment complex in Islamabad, a man and his son from Japan, a boy from Iraq, and a man each from Egypt and Sudan, the Egyptian died trying to jump out when the building started to fall, Iraqi boy's mother and younger brother were pulled out alive last night.

More foreigners including Europeans are said to be still under the rubble.

A PIA F/O who arrived at 5 am after doing a flight was also killed along with his family in the building when it fell three hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                    Actually, as of yesterday, America had pledged $50 million dollars and 8 choppers, with more on th way.
                    Thats great news and i applaud the americans for pledging more money etc. They may get knocked for the foreign policy but they are usually the first ones to help out in times of crisis.

Comment

Working...
                    X