Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strongful earthquake in India and Pasktin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4323008.stm

Horrible tragedy...I assume that the US will be among those on the forefront in offering help and assistance. However, this hit at a bad time as many people (in N. America and Europe )have already given all they could afford to give to hurricane relief and therefore won't be able to give to help rebuild the areas of Pakistan and India affected by this tragedy...I assume that the US, UN, EU and nations of Asia will provide substantial aid/support, however.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Horrible news.....and this happened in the month of Ramadan also, just sad..The rescue teams are working very hard in the cities, but they can't even get to the more remote areas since the roads are completly blocked.

BTW Paul...Its Pakistan, not Pasktin..
      ***My Blog***

Comment

It is a minor trajedy...Pakistan won't be needing any help...the country can easily handle the situation. It was much worse earlier this year with all the freak flooding in Baluchistan and the Pakistan army handled it adequately.

But at the end, may God help those suffering.
        You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

It is a minor trajedy...Pakistan won't be needing any help...the country can easily handle the situation. It was much worse earlier this year with all the freak flooding in Baluchistan and the Pakistan army handled it adequately.
          So 18,000 people being killed is a "minor" tragedy??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051009/...pakistan_quake
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

WOW AIC1985 i say you shutup. Its not a minor tragedy. I lost many close relatives, and Its been less then a month since I came back from pakistan. Where a few of my relatives lived, was the center of the earthquake in the northwest frontier section of pakistan. Losing 18,000+ people is not MINOR! that number will definately go up. And i think pakistan needs all the help they can. If you watch CNN, you see the poor pakistanis digging out by hand, no machinery is available.

Personally I havent been in contact with many of relatives, because phone lines are dead. However, I know that a few have died, and have already been buried.
            Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

This is very tragic, hearing 18000 humans dead is quite alot, buried under gravel.. or not !

Fly, let it rest,, he's only a kid, he doesnt know what he's talking about. Losing contact with relatives is the worst that can happen, Not knowing if they are okey and all that . I hope you get to hear from your family soon as possible !
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

cool down people, at the time of my comment, less than 2000 were reported killed...didn't know that it ballooned to 18000.

So, technically, at that time, I was right, if the number stood less than 2000, than I guess it would have been small tragedy for a nation of 160 million + but now this changes the equation.

Sorry if I offended anybody. And besides, I was only commenting on Pakistan's capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by aic1985
                  cool down people, at the time of my comment, less than 2000 were reported killed...didn't know that it ballooned to 18000.

So, technically, at that time, I was right, if the number stood less than 2000, than I guess it would have been small tragedy for a nation of 160 million + but now this changes the equation.

Sorry if I offended anybody. And besides, I was only commenting on Pakistan's capabilities.
                  AIC.... arent you pakistani yourself???

still no word from relatives. Ive heard few have been crushed underneath the rubble....
                  Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Yaar, yes, I am a Pakistani who has never lived in Pakistan.

But I hope you understand what I meant, the article I read stated over a 1000 dead mostly in Northern Pakistan...didn't know about the 18000+ and you must remember, the only reason you are being so hot headed is because your cousins were involved...I understand your situation. Please calm down, read Quran, don't fast tomorrow (it is stressful time for you), and remember, I am here to support you and to pray for you and your relatives.

Inshallah, you will hear good news from on going recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                      this happened in the month of Ramadan
                      As an atheist I was respectively wondering how it’s possible for them not to be angry with their god, specially considering this earthquake happened during Ramadan?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                        Because it's the Emu's fault
                        < Not that that's respectful in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                          < Not that that's respectful in this thread.
                          Sorry I if do offend anyone with that..

If you ask a Christian the same question, they would most likely say it's a test from God to see if you'll remain faithful during hard times as well as the way you treat other people in need.

Comment

Humour is the best medicine during hard times.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                              avro_arrow_25206 does that ^ mean I need to delete my above post?
                              Only if someone complains

Comment

Working...
                              X