Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thugs, Murderers, Rapists, et all, San Francisco soon to welome you with open arms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thugs, Murderers, Rapists, et all, San Francisco soon to welome you with open arms!

If this passes, I will have to figure a way get out of the Bay Area.

Aldo

It won't pass. Even if it does people will still be able to get guns.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
      Why would you even need a gun in SFO? Only crazy people like you would go shoot Hippies and Gays because they are "different" You guys complain WAY more then Democrates and liberals. If you want to make a moral state based on religion go find some place else. Here in the US we have freedom. I want the freedom to marry anyone I want, have my (future) wife an abortion, have EVERYONE equal and be allowed to practice my religion and not be worriedd about it.
      It is people like you who make the US have a bad name. Yes I don't agree with everyone (Like SWA733) but do I care? NO!!! That is another Freedom, Allowing to vote for whoever you want!! Being able to disagree. I don't want to be trapped in a bible and follow it!

Comment

UFOSPACE you make no sense. The USA has one of the most lenient gun control laws of all the developed nations currently. And yet there seems to be quite a few "Thugs, Murderers, Rapists, et all" in the US. Have you ever considered that harsher gun control laws may actually make the country safer?
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
          The USA has one of the most lenient gun control laws of all the developed nations currently.
          It is called "a Right". Check our Constitution.

Originally posted by Crazy764
          Have you ever considered that harsher gun control laws may actually make the country safer?
          Yea, like making more laws lowers crime. Just like "free healthcare" makes you healthier.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime100

Yea, like making more laws lowers crime. Just like "free healthcare" makes you healthier.
            Just look at Canada's gun control, over 2 billion dollars over budget and the crime rate has gone UP since it was created. Put this damn money into policing!

Comment

United States Crime Rate (Murders with Firearms): 27.9 per 1,000,000 people
              Canada Crime Rate (Murders with Firearms): 5.0 per 1,000,000 people
              Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_wit_fir_cap

United States Crime Rate (Murders): 42.8 per 1,000,000 people
              Canada Crime Rate (Murders): 14.9 per 1,000,000 people
              Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_cap

United States Crime Rate (Total Crimes): 80.06 per 1,000 people
              Canada Crime Rate (Total Crimes): 75.49 per 1,000 people
              Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_tot_cri_cap

Not denying that other factors besides laws play a role in these results, just trying to show that there's no point to mock Canada. You are three times as likely to get killed in the US than in Canada, and you are almost six times as likely to get killed in the US with a gun than in Canda.
              Will F.

Comment

"Spot the bullsh*t" time...I love this...

First of all, let me say that anti-gun laws are the equivalent of laws saying it is illegal to get the flu. A law won't stop gun crimes from happening. Think about this- How many criminals walking around on the street are going to go through a background check and pay top dollar just so they can be told that they will be unable to purchase a gun, or even worse to purchase the gun and then be recorded as owning that gun? None. Anti-gun laws don't stop crime because criminals don't buy guns legally, therefore they aren't affected. It just means that it is harder for us law abiding citizens to buy guns in order to defend outselves from those who don't do it through the system!

I am in favor of background checks and bans on assault weapons...but not banning all guns entirely. We need to be able to protect ourselves.

Now, about that bullsh*t that I was talking about earlier...

Have you ever considered that harsher gun control laws may actually make the country safer?
                They don't. I'm sure you have read my explantion above by now, so no need in typing it again...

Why would you even need a gun in SFO? Only crazy people like you would go shoot Hippies and Gays because they are "different"
                Whoa there, slow down. Where were "hippies" and "gays" mentioned, and why are we going to shoot them? Sure, if there is a "hippe" or a "gay" breaking into my house with a Glock in one hand then I would shoot them, but it would have nothing to do with sexual preference or hair length. I certainly won't go through the time to ask the thug if he likes men or woman or what his position on the war is before I kill him.

have my (future) wife an abortion, have EVERYONE equal
                You contradict yourself here. Everyone should be equal, sure, and that includes your future wife's unborn child. No sense killing an innocent human being because your (future) wife doesn't want to deal with it. That is why adoption is available...

It is people like you who make the US have a bad name.
                No, people like you who contradict yourself make us have a bad name. Example-

Here in the US we have freedom.
                Yes. And freedom includes the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!

I want the freedom to marry anyone I want, have my (future) wife an abortion, have EVERYONE equal and be allowed to practice my religion and not be worriedd about it.
                And the freedom to own a firearm...Freedom, you said it yourself. You can't deny us our freedom because you don't agree with it.
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

While I'm not a big fan of gun ownership I don't think this is a wise law simply for the matter of the min you step out of San Francisco you have the ability of getting your hands on a gun again. The law needs to be consistent across the boarder to. This is a first step though in banning gun ownership.

Comment

Not denying that other factors besides laws play a role in these results, just trying to show that there's no point to mock Canada. You are three times as likely to get killed in the US than in Canada, and you are almost six times as likely to get killed in the US with a gun than in Canda.
                    Back to Crazy764...

That is because the US has more screwed up mofo's per 1,000,000 people than Canada does...In Canada the cold weather kills the thugs off because they are on the street and their firearms won't discharge because of the extreme cold...We have FLORIDA and CALIFORNIA, man! Thugs live forever there!!
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

All your statistics show (and I am not buying their authenticity...I would prefer gov't statistics not some website..) is that Americans hit what they shoot at almost three times better. Or, Canadians can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Comment

All your statistics show (and I am not buying their authenticity...I would prefer gov't statistics not some website..) is that Americans hit what they shoot at almost three times better. Or, Canadians can't hit the broad side of a barn.
                        RE: authenticity. If you read the bottom of each page it says "Source: Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems...". So it's not jut "some website".

Originally posted by herpa2003
                        Back to Crazy764...

That is because the US has more screwed up mofo's per 1,000,000 people than Canada does...In Canada the cold weather kills the thugs off because they are on the street and their firearms won't discharge because of the extreme cold...We have FLORIDA and CALIFORNIA, man! Thugs live forever there!!
                        Ah ha! So the cold weather does have some benefits!

Look guys, the only reason I posted those stats is because UFO suggested that imposing gun control laws would make SFO a criminal-haven. But that's simply not the case, as illustrated through Canada's case.
                        Will F.

Comment

I don't think Toronto is any better or worse than any US city. We have our weekly gang related shootings. It also seems more shots are hitting their mark, so there!

Guns are cheap enough here that you can throw them away after you've used them. Most (according to news reports) are found close to the scene of the shooting.

I remember a friends old MTHA (Metro Toronto Housing Authority--Who refuse to allow the police to patrol their properties) apartment where you'd find bullets on his balcony.

Control laws aren't going to stop people from getting guns.

What pisses me off is the Ontario provincial gov't complaining to the US about guns being smuggled in from the US. Insted of complaining, why doesn't Dalton McGuinty do something about it? McGuinty (and what seems like 95% of the Liberal party) is an idiot. At least he says the people ahve every right to be upset with him.

Comment

In my opinion America needs to look into its gun laws more seriously like so many other things.

The States could learn a thing or two from New Zealand, I'm 20 and have never held a hand gun, they are not common here. I've only ever seen one once and it was on an Armed Defenders Squad member.

Civilians armed for protection is almost un-heard of in NZ, and is that such a bad thing? It's nice to be able to walk past someone on the street and know that they don't have the means to switch your life off with the push of a button essentially.

Comment

Banning things doesn't make them go away. Prohibition for example...

Comment

Working...
                              X