This Hurts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Hurts...

Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Heard about this on German news. The entire collection more or less a write-off . It took 70% of Nuremberg's entire firefighter force to get control of the flames.

Comment

Oh my :/ Sorry to hear that... it always hurts when such a big piece of history disappears. Such a shame...

Comment

I am not a train spotter, but my deepest sympathy goes for the guys and gals who spent years and lots of money to keep up a fine collection
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

scheisse

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            scheisse
            Indeed..

Comment

And the lesson for today is "Don't keep 1000 pieces of flamable material (trains) next to each other. Very bad idea"

Comment

I understand you richard, being such a train geek like you are, I know the feeling seeing such stuff, Well I can second that Alain said, Im not a train spotter but its sure sad to see a fine collection of very fine maintained locomotives go out in flame. So sad. RIP in the train graveyard !
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                  And the lesson for today is "Don't keep 1000 pieces of flamable material (trains) next to each other. Very bad idea"
                  Ah, no more air museums I guess..........

thats too bad. I like old trains like that.
                  THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                  Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                  George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

damn that sucks, what caused the fire?

Comment

Probably set on fire, If that is true, and they catch him, Then I know several ways to dispose him.

Thanks for the kinds words guys, I almost got some tears of it .
                      I spend a couple of hours maintaining one loco when it was in Holland, that was a good time that will unfortunately not come back with the same group I Volunteered with.
                      Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                      - Metzgermeister

Comment

Such a shame. That looked like it was quite an impressive collection
                        Where is this museum located?

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
                          Probably set on fire, If that is true, and they catch him,
                          According to news reports there where roof works that night (new tar layer). They may have caused the fire, but for now that is not yet sure.

The museum is in Nürnberg.
                          Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
                          X