Hurricane Wilma Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Wilma Thread

This thread is to talk about Hurricane Wilma.

HURRICANE PROFILE,

As of: 0500 UTC October 19, 2005
    south-southwest of Grand Cayman
    Wind speed: 150 mph (240 km/h)
    Pressure: 901 mbar (26.61 inches)
    Movement: west-northwest at 8 mph (13 km/h)
    Damages: Not yet available
    Fatalities: 10 direct (so far)
    Areas affected, Jamaica, Haiti, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Honduras (so far)
    Part of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Wow windspeed is 150mph already? The weatherchannel said it was 80mph this afternoon.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I think there are some really warm waters at the Carribean Sea or the Gulf of Mexico. Warm water is the fuel for hurricanes.

Comment

oh let the good times roll! here we go again, but I'd rather it be florida than anyone else. We've been really lucky all year and I personally think we need to take one for the team.

sooo to Wilma.... BRING IT ON!
        In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

The hurricane will make a direct hit over Orlando. So you, be prepare!

Comment

Update..
            (This post will rapidly change)
            Now it is an intense category 2 hurricane

As of: 7 pm CDT Oct. 22 (0000 UTC Oct. 23)
            390 miles (630 km) WSW of Key West, FL
            Wind speed: 100 mph (160 km/h)
            Pressure: 959 mbar (28.32 inHg)
            Movement: north at 3 mph (5 km/h)
            Fatalities 14 direct, 2 indirect (to date)
            Areas affected Jamaica, Haiti, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Honduras, Belize, Yucatán Peninsula, Florida
            Part of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane seasonn
            Damages: N/A

Wilma is now a Cat 2 storm but expected to restrenght to a intense Cat 5 storm while roaming over the Gulf of Mexico. And Floridarian land fall with winds up to 270km/h (165mph).

Comment

Kind of a wierd hurricane. That very small eye of only 1-4 miles isn't characteristic of Cat. 5 hurricanes.
              But if the isntrumention from the NOAA Gulfstream turns out to be calibrated correctly this will have been the lowest pressure ever measured in the atlantic. Thhus theoretically making wilma the strongest hurricane ever.
              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                But if the isntrumention from the NOAA Gulfstream turns out to be calibrated correctly this will have been the lowest pressure ever measured in the atlantic. Thhus theoretically making wilma the strongest hurricane ever.
                It is amazing for a hurricane to be that strong in late October...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Go to bed last night and it is a Category 2 and wake up to Cat 5 being recorded as the strongest on record...man I hate hurricane season...

Comment

Has it already beaten Katrina for the one of the worst hurricanes to hit?

Alex
                    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                      Has it already beaten Katrina for the one of the worst hurricanes to hit?

Alex
                      Correct me if I'm wrong but at landfall katrina wasn't even that bad...
                      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                        Correct me if I'm wrong but at landfall katrina wasn't even that bad...
                        No need to correct you. By the time Katrina hit land, it had gone down to Cat 4, and went down to Cat 3 pretty soon after landfall.

Comment

Wilma's down to Cat. 4 status with 155 mph winds. The pressure is still very low though, at 894mb.
                          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
                            The hurricane will make a direct hit over Orlando. So you, be prepare!

I'm counting the hours now LOL! she is quite impressive for a hurricane this late in the season.

->checks hurricane readiness<-

beer..... 65.00
                            lawn chair secured to roof.... 10.00
                            rain coat..... 15.00
                            bullseye painted on roof..... 5.00
                            cheap wind meter.... 35.00
                            getting wind raped by a hurricane.... priceless
                            In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X