Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freightdogg
    Originally posted by IntheShade
    I assume you are unaware of International Law and impersonating persona on the internet.
    ITS, if it were illegal to misrepresent one'self on the Internet every person in chat rooms would get locked away. It's only illegal when you try to do it for gain or some other form of advantage, or to do intentional harm.

But if you want to bring legality into things consider the laws on trademarked brands and then have a look at your signature.
    ?

Comment

• Enough of this...
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freightdogg
        [----------------

For those who want to give Mike a hard time here, consider the role of the A-10. It is a ground attack aircraft. That means LOW-LEVEL flight where any idiot with an AK-47 or a Stinger can easily take pot shots at you. Not to mention that you are SAM and Aphid bait. The only more dangerous job in aviation is Wild Weasel flights. So even if you don't agree with the man, at least have the courtesy to show some respect. His job really is tougher than yours.
        Appreciate that Freightdog.

SWA733Capt, you were saying something about "Live a day in my life".....

Reading Freightdogs description that brings back memories of Afghan, I truly wonder how hard your life is.............please enlighten me.

Comment

• All of you guys are insane. Everyone should just not post anything more in this thread because it's gone from a thread started by an ADMIN stating a new rule into some stupid match where people are talking in the third person and just saying dumb things.
          MikeD, I am a person who has been against all the wars waged by the u.s. in the past few years but that doesn't mean I or lots of people like me don't respect all the shit you do/did for your country.
          Plus you got to fly the coolest plane the U.S.A.F. has in it's fleet. It's basicly a huge gun with wings and engines strapped onto it. I imagine that plane is probably the most fun to fly because of the way it's designed to be flown and it's maneuverability.
          Earl From Regina

Comment

• Originally posted by Myblock
            MikeD, I am a person who has been against all the wars waged by the u.s. in the past few years but that doesn't mean I or lots of people like me don't respect all the shit you do/did for your country.
            I'm not too keen on some of the US policies either, primarily because it's my butt on the line and I don't get a vote on that. But I signed on the dotted line and all that...........

Appreciate your support as I'm sure all military personnel do. Just because you may not support some of the decisions your government, that doesn't make you any less of a patriot that those that walk in lockstep with everything the government. That's the beauty of living in the USA. I had no problem with those against the Iraq war, I have a few questions myself; I just didn't appreciate those that somehow felt the troops were responsible for what their government has them do. Like in Vietnam, that behavior by some was happening again. If one has a problem with the government policies, go to your elected Congressman/Senator and complain; then follow up your beliefs at the voting booth.

That's the right that we all have preserved by those few in this country.

Comment

• I assume you are unaware of International Law and impersonating persona on the internet.

I assume you are aswell, seeing as it is not possible that you live your ENTIRE life in the shade, especially since your signature shows somebody in the sun. You're forum name is therefore misleading...I have contacted the site administartors. You will either have to change it to "Intheshadeandsometimesinthesun" or be banned.

Regards,
              -Clovis

Comment

• Im with herpa for stopping. I really dont feel like getting banned.

Comment

• You know what is so incredible here (and in a couple of other threads). We have grown men, supposedly with a brain in their head, baiting younger members in the forum into a slug fest. Is this how you get your jollies?, seeing if you can get a younger member of this forum upset enough to curse and ultimately get banned.
                  I do not understand Mike D and his obsession with pissing people off. It's good that you fought for your country overseas, so did my grandfather and four of my uncles. They did it on the ground and not from sitting on a jet engine with a gun. Be proud of your accomplishments, don't lord them over people who have not yet reached the age to join and serve their country. Act like a man that the armed forces taught you to be.
                  I work for an airline and like to see everybody's point of view, we need to learn something every day. We can learn from the 14 and 15 year olds as well.
                  I also volunteer at my childrens school. It is tough being a teenager these days, tough seeing what is going on in the world, tough trying to decide what career path they will take in this time of economic uncertainty, so don't think that your job is tougher than the one they are doing now or the job that any of us are doing each day. No one is better than the next guy by virtue of their job or their contribution to society.
                  Finally to the administrators. I understand two teen members have been banned permanently from this site because of cursing and or subject content. A little harsh wasn't it given that the reasons for their outbursts were not reigned in (that I know of). The off topic forum is to discuss any thing you want, however since you can see it getting out of hand why don't you deal with both the person antagonizing and the recipient who is not showing proper decorum.
                  I want to see people behave themselves, offer advice, offer suggestions, offer information. But it takes those of all ages to behave and just because you are an adult it doesn't give you a licence to be cruel or insultive to those who do not agree with you and can the so called "black humour". You are using it as a crutch to demean others.

Comment

• For the record, both muskateers who were recently banned from this forum, were banned only after numerous chances were given to them to improve their behavior, including one-month suspensions previously, which were subsequently reduced to about 3 weeks.

Standard policy here is that after a suspension is issued, the next time the ban becomes permanent. That was the case here.

Both were contacted via PM the day before they were banned, and given one final chance to stop their unacceptable behavior.

Neither listened.
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

• Thank you Chris for the clarification.

Comment

• We have grown men, supposedly with a brain in their head, baiting younger members in the forum into a slug fest.

Seems to me we have younger members here that couldn't recognize humor if it smacked them upside the head and left them in a daze.

-Clovis

Comment

• Originally posted by ptbodale
                          They did it on the ground and not from sitting on a jet engine with a gun. .
                          Your implication being?

I'm not baiting anyone. If these bozos caused the emoticon thread to go to 18 pages merely because they didn't understand the humor, that's their problem.

No one forced them to keep answering my posts on that thread, and if they couldn't see the black humor in it, that's again their problem. They caused their own problems with not being able to control their behavior like adults, and lowered themselves to insult and foul language, revealing their true colors and maturity level. They got the banning they deserved. They earned it themselves. They could've just as easily ignored he whole post, yet THEY caused it to go to 18 pages and THEY caused their own banning.

And it's no loss.

Why don't you acknowlege that THEY should take the responsibility for THEIR OWN actions, and not pawn that responsibility off on me.

Remember, it's not whether you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katamarino
                            You guys off for the summer yet over there?
                            Obviously...
                            Trump is an idiot!
                            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

• Im not I still have three more exams

Comment

• Exams don't even start for another couple days. But once I'm out to Ca. so I'll be away from the forums for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X