Had a Cancer Scare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex,
    I'm really glad you're ok! What a terrible thing to go through...

I hope you get cured for your tommyalf disease soon however, now THAT is a freaky disease

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      Don't be too mean on him, there are other reasons why his nose is bleeding *sniff* .
      "cocaine's a helluva drug!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu

JAM!
        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman

JAM!
          you know that kinda looks like alex actually

I was thinkin more rick James though

"no I'd never wipe my feet over eddy murphey's couch.....

...yeah, i remember wiping my feet on eddy murphey's couch!"

Comment

You know what...you can just go WOOO yourself. so there!
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Woooo!!!!

Comment

I was thinkin more rick James though

"no I'd never wipe my feet over eddy murphey's couch.....

...yeah, i remember wiping my feet on eddy murphey's couch!"
                Who can forget...

"Darkness! Tell me, what do the five fingers say to the face... SLAP!!!"

-Kevin

Comment

Glad to hear everything's allright Alex. I f'n hate cancer. One of my grandmothers died of skin cancer. One of my grandfathers died of abdominal cancer. My other grandfather has had spotty skin cancer, benign. My wife's grandmother had breast cancer and my mother in-law had ovarian cancer. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I got one form or another eventually.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    Glad to hear everything's allright Alex. I f'n hate cancer. One of my grandmothers died of skin cancer. One of my grandfathers died of abdominal cancer. My other grandfather has had spotty skin cancer, benign. My wife's grandmother had breast cancer and my mother in-law had ovarian cancer. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I got one form or another eventually.
                    Paul Thanks

Everyone else, thanks for the well wishes, congrats, and thanks yous and such. Also thanks to the others such as joe keeping it light hearted and full of humor as that is how I am too, full of humor.

Paul- That was also my concern as well, everyone in my family (BOTH my mothers and fathers side) that had died, died from cancer. and skin cancer was the 2nd leading cause of death in my family so they were very concerned I was the next to be hit.

As of now my dad's sister had skin cancer, survived, my grandfather died of leaukemia, my grandma had two cases of skin cancer, my uncle had skin cancer, but found it early, my moms aunt died of breast cancer at the age of 26, and my grandp'as parents died of lung cancer. my my dad's mother died of lung cancer. it really does suck Paul, and raises huge concerns.

So please everyone PLEASE get yourself checked, the sooner, the better.

Alex
                    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                      Everyone else, thanks for the well wishes, congrats, and thanks yous and such. Also thanks to the others such as joe keeping it light hearted and full of humor as that is how I am too, full of humor.
                      Any time man, life is too short to have everything be taken seriously

Comment

I have been unluckily blessed with this problem too. Cancer has run through my family like crazy. Everyone (my extended) family has been affected by Cancer. My Uncle just passed away by liver cancer a few weeks ago as well. I have a lot of wierd marks and birthmarks on my head, neck, leg, back, and other places. Each new mark has gotten me to go to the Skin Doctor regularly. Yes I am scared of this but I got used to it. Only bad thing that has happened out of this is that my skin Doctor (who is amazing) just retired so I am a little worried since he has been seeing me for well over 10 yrs now.

All the advice I can give you is to go to the skin doctor OFTEN!!! At least once a year!!! (I go usally twice a year) Do not risk your life by noticing something and not doing anything about it. If it turns out to be cancer or life threatening it REALLY hurts your family. Help them by helping you!!!

GET CHECKED 05!!!!

whoops 08!!!!

Comment

NOW THAT IS OBSURD....HE'LL TELL IT TO YOU LIKE HE DID SOME KINDA BRUCE LEE CROSS KICK OR SOMETHING!

Alex-I'm glad it was not the real thing. You make a good point on keeping track of what is going on with ourselves. Always keep an eye out for something odd. You never know what is really going on with our bodies.

-Pete
                          Pete Ganabathi
                          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

I noticed a small bump on there, that did not look normal at all. I tried to get it off, by picking at it or scraping at it. Nothing, it did not itch, or had any pain to it. Quite strange.
                            Glad everything turned out OK, Alex. I've been there. Something similar to that happened to me around New Year's 2004. When I got to Daytona over Xmas break, I ended up with a red spot on my nose that I originally thought was a zit & after a few days, realized it hadn't changed at all; it hadn't dried up or anything. Like your situation, it didn't sting or itch, but it was a bump that was just "there". I went & saw a dermatologist a few days after I got home, who injected some kind of medication into it & said if it didn't get any better within a week or two to come back. It didn't, so I went again & they ran a biopsy & a few days later, I found out that it was OK & that I was fine.

Cancer is very high in my family, skin being the 2nd highest.
                            It's scary how common Breast Cancer is in my family. My mom had it 11 years ago & survived, my great aunt had it twice & got through both times, I think one of my cousins on my Dad's side had it & my aunt thought she had it a few years ago. I think there may have even been one or two cases beyond that that I'm not sure of.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Re:

Good to know it's nothing serious.

Foxtrot

Comment

Working...
                              X