Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia to quarantine plane and all passengers if one pax suspected of bird flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia to quarantine plane and all passengers if one pax suspected of bird flu

Sydney Morning Herald reported that Australia is prepared to quarantine an aircraft and ALL its passengers for 6 days in a hangar if one of the passengers is suspected of having bird flu. The hangar can hold up to 500 people.

Of other countries, New Zealand said it may close its international airports and ports (effectively sealing the country off) if bird flu becomes a disease that can spread from people to people.

Hong Kong also said it will close its border with China if that becomes the case. The airport and port will remain open.
    Next:
    None Planned

wow, thats stiff, but if all 500 people are crammed in there, with a couple people with bird flu, wouldnt the chances of everyone in the hanger getting it go through the roof?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
      wow, thats stiff, but if all 500 people are crammed in there, with a couple people with bird flu, wouldnt the chances of everyone in the hanger getting it go through the roof?
      I think that would've happened on the plane. Although its drastic it isn't a stupid idea to seal off NZ

Comment

yeah, i was listening to some stuff on the news yesterday. Apparently 3 Canadian birds that were shipped to Australia had the bird flu and were slaughted. This is not good news for us down here. Also, countries in Europe are on a high alert for the virus.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

This is somewhat crazy. I wouldn't quarintine 500 people for 6 days because that leads to only maybe 1 or 2 people have the Bird Flu too all 500. I would have everyone quarintine while people are getting tested to see if they have the Bird Flu.

I believe this could be done by a simple blood test to detect anti-bodies. Not 100% sure.

Comment

I believe this could be done by a simple blood test to detect anti-bodies. Not 100% sure.
            Well, Not all 500 people would be quarentined TOGETHER thats silly and as you mentioned... Just pointles...

And as for the test, the virus could lay dormant on the person and travel undetected untill it then attacks by which point the person is in a public place...

I think i might have bird flu...

I've been feeling PECKISH all day long

Comment

Originally posted by Jannichan
              I think i might have bird flu...

I've been feeling PECKISH all day long
              Well I am craving some bird right now.... mmh......

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                Well I am craving some bird right now.... mmh......
                yum yum...i want some KFC chicken infested with bird flu, some chips and a large pepsi thanks. PMSL :rolleyes: sounds like the new taste menu from KFC. LOL

Also, i think there was a recent incident in Croatia with birds being killed as a result of bird flu. If Croatia was to have a bird flu epidemic running around, i think i can see a decrease of tourists to beautiful places like DBV, SPU, Pula, Rijeka, Zadar, ZAG and maybe surounding countries too.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Whatever it takes to keep everyone else safe. I see no problem.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

The birds from Canada did not have the bird flu. The bird flu has not been found on the North American continent.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                      The birds from Canada did not have the bird flu. The bird flu has not been found on the North American continent.
                      Unfortunately it is getting closer. A few weeks ago it was Asia, then last week Russia and then a couple days ago, found in the U.K.

Comment

In the UK, they located an overwise quarantined parrot importated from Surinam in accordence to rules effective in Britain since decades regarding import animals. Now they want the whole EU to ban the import of any bird from outside the Union. Problem justifiably put forward by Brussels : probably a best way to let smuggling and black marketing thriving.
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Before we know it, chicken will cost more than steak.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                            Before we know it, chicken will cost more than steak.
                            Or maybe just the opposite: Because nobody dares to even touch chicken meat with a ten-foot pole, it gets incredibly cheap .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              Or maybe just the opposite: Because nobody dares to even touch chicken meat with a ten-foot pole, it gets incredibly cheap .
                              That's also a possibility. I'm not worried about American farm-faised chicken...yet

Comment

Working...
                              X