No More New Orleans Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More New Orleans Saints

How will the city ever recover this loss?
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

lets hope this isn't true.....this statement and source doesnt sound to concrete though.....

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

They'll more than likely be losing the Hornets as well. The team is referring to themselves as the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets. They're playing the majority of their home games in OKC. If the move was temporary, you probably wouldn't see the Oklahoma City name attached to the name. The Hornets haven't been in N.O. long enough to really become part of the fabric of the city, so them leaving wouldn't be as much of an loss for the city.

Comment

I don't think anything is going to be in MSY for ages. I do feel the Saints will return in around 2008 or 09 but for the next few years, no stadium and residence willing to go to games = no money. The first thing on Besons minds.

Comment

Wow things just keep getting better for people in New Orleans.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It would be nice if they didn't even rebuild that horrible city. At least move the damn thing. How stupid do we have to be?
            THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
            Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
            George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
              It would be nice if they didn't even rebuild that horrible city.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It would be nice if they didn't even rebuild that horrible city. At least move the damn thing. How stupid do we have to be?
                I hope you frecking get banned for that. I hope you don't get rebuild!!!

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                  amen to that. I would say that's his dumbest comment ever, but unfortunately for him, it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    amen to that. I would say that's his dumbest comment ever, but unfortunately for him, it isn't.
                    I asked you about that on aim last night and you agreed with me.

Move the city. We shouldn't have to pay so much money to rebuild something that can't last without being rebuilt again and again. Its not smart. Why is that comment so horrible? It makes sense.
                    Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                    George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Move the city. We shouldn't have to pay so much money to rebuild something that can't last without being rebuilt again and again. Its not smart. Why is that comment so horrible? It makes sense.
                      like hell I did. I was studying for a test at the time, I dont even remember wtf we were talking about.

Comment

How stupid do you have to be before you get banned for good?

Shut up. Leave.

Joe was studying, I asked him about a hockey game and he said "Cant talk studying." And if he did agree, it would only be so you could shut your horrible, thoughtless mouth.

So your saying not rebuilding makes sense huh?

So does having family members spilit up and half way around the country and not having them go back to the city they once lived, had a life, and a family not make sense?

Does it not make sense that the city in America with the most culture and diversity is destroyed abnd you dont want it rebuilt?

Does it not make sense that many people are dead? familys are split up and ruined and all they want to do is go home and your saying "no"?

Would you be happy if seattle got destroyed by some natural disaster and the Boeing plant got ruined and then the city is flodded and all you want to do is go home and re-build the city and someone who doesnt use both halves of there brain says "no"? What would you do? How would you feel?
                        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                          Why should he be banned for that comment?

I happen to agree with him.

It has been known for decades that this would happen if a major hurricane ever hit New Orleans directly. Why spend trillions of dollars to rebuild the city in the exact same place, so that it can happen again?
                          Trump is an idiot!
                          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I agree as well. New Orleans was a great city before the flood, however rebuilding a city below sea level is asking for trouble again.

As in anything we have to write our comments with tact and diplomacy.

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                              How stupid do you have to be before you get banned for good?
                              see Mr. Kilroy's post above

Shut up. Leave.
                              no thanks

Joe was studying, I asked him about a hockey game and he said "Cant talk studying." And if he did agree, it would only be so you could shut your horrible, thoughtless mouth.
                              very well. If he had told me the same thing, I wouldn't have talked to him.

So your saying not rebuilding makes sense huh?
                              I said at least move it. What part of that means don't rebuild at all? You assume things that aren't so.

So does having family members spilit up and half way around the country and not having them go back to the city they once lived, had a life, and a family not make sense?
                              Any American should be able to live in the city they choose. However, the tax payers of the country have the right and responseability to make sure the residents are safe. That would mean ultra levies, new bridges, etc. And after all of that was finished, it could still happen again. So, I say move the city and pay for anyone who lived in the old one to move to the new one.

Does it not make sense that the city in America with the most culture and diversity is destroyed abnd you dont want it rebuilt?
                              First, that is a very subjective statement. Secondly, no. I think the historical aspects of the original New Orleans can be saved as tourist attractions much like those in Boston or Philidelphia.

Does it not make sense that many people are dead? familys are split up and ruined and all they want to do is go home and your saying "no"?
                              Home is wherever you make it. If people want to be weak and cry about not being able to live in the exact spot they lived in before it was under 10 feet of water, perhaps there is some testing that needs to be done on thier mind. We should give them the means to live most anywhere and let them decide where to go. If they want to live in New New Orleans, great. If they want to move to Houston, fine, we should pay for them to build a new home there.

Would you be happy if seattle got destroyed by some natural disaster and the Boeing plant got ruined and then the city is flodded and all you want to do is go home and re-build the city and someone who doesnt use both halves of there brain says "no"? What would you do? How would you feel?
                              First of all, in Seattle, stregthening things like the Viaduct and the bridges would prevent massive damage. I don't know if you have ever been here or not, but there isn't any Seattle under Sea Level. We learned that lesson the hard way LONG ago. Secondly, it would be much cheaper to rebuild Seattle. Thirdly, Boeing is rich. They can afford to rebuild. Forthly, I don't much care for Seattle.

Comment

Working...
                              X