Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York, Boston or Chicago?

Hello,

I am planning to move down to USA in couple of years (From Canada) and I was wondering if fellow Americans and experienced Canadian brethren could help me out with the following questions I have:

. Which city is better for new comers to USA in terms of jobs, place to live.

. Which city is better in terms of crime, overall people attitude.

. Which city has the greatest racial diversity?

. Which city is better in terms of education (primary, elementary and high schools)?

Anyother things you like to add, please do so...one day I would love to immigrate to USA...the country of my dreams.

Canada is a good country but having lived a life in which all people praise USA, I want to grab my chance and go there.
    You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

why limit yourself to those three cities? What about, say miami? orlando, phoenix, minneapolis, seattle, los angelos, san fransico, las vegas, baltimore? There are so many different places to live in the USA, no reason to limit yourself to three cities.

Comment

Grand Forks ND.....

...just kidding

Comment

If you have to come to an aviation off topic forum to get advice on where to take your life next... you might want to do some reflecting on your own life...

.. just a thought..

Comment

Originally posted by aic1985
          Hello,

I am planning to move down to USA in couple of years (From Canada) and I was wondering if fellow Americans and experienced Canadian brethren could help me out with the following questions I have:

. Which city is better for new comers to USA in terms of jobs, place to live.

. Which city is better in terms of crime, overall people attitude.

. Which city has the greatest racial diversity?

. Which city is better in terms of education (primary, elementary and high schools)?

Anyother things you like to add, please do so...one day I would love to immigrate to USA...the country of my dreams.

Canada is a good country but having lived a life in which all people praise USA, I want to grab my chance and go there.
          All of the cities you listed have largely diverse populations. I have heard great things about Chicago from many people, some call it America's best city. New York would probably be pretty expensive (more so than Boston or Chicago, probably). I would go for Chicago or Boston if I were you, but there are plenty of other cities down here worth a look. Even smaller cities like Milwaukee, Portland, Hartford, etc.

Good luck!

Originally posted by bloodhound96
          los angelos
          I think he plans on living once he gets here....
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

And your reason for leaving Canada is? Are we kicking you out?

Comment

ptbodale,

hehehe...nah man, Canada is all good but the reality is, I plan to work in the field of engineering and for that purpose...USA offers much better money opportunities and better chances of advancement. This ain't Canada's fault, its just that USA's economy is huge and that is why there are more chances there.

DeltaASA16,

Buddy, I agree with you 100% but this is just to get a general view on things but when the time comes, I would be doing research on my own.

So any other feedback?
              You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

Originally posted by aic1985

DeltaASA16,

Buddy, I agree with you 100% but this is just to get a general view on things but when the time comes, I would be doing research on my own.

Sorry.. i was being an ass last night .. I found a place online where you could take a quiz of about 50 quesitons, and it would give you like a top 5 list of Cities that would fit well with how you answered the questions. I took it and got some really interesting outcomes.

I'll pass it along once I can find it.

-Adam

Comment

Just joking with you. Go south where it is warm.

Comment

Well I think you should look for a job/school first before you move.
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Of the three cities you mentioned, Boston probably has the best schooling system, is probably better off crime wise than the other two, has the least diversity out of the three mentioned, and doesn't have a place like Manhattan even remotely close by.
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                        Just joking with you. Go south where it is warm.
                        But not too far south to make sure you don't get blown away

Comment

As a New Yorker trying to get out of the SF Bay area as soon as possible, I long to return home, so my vote would go for NYC. That said, NYC is VERY EXPENSIVE and no longer a city that welcomes the middle class, so bring a LOT of money.

Aldo

Comment

If you're leaving, let me have your house! I'd love to move to Canada!

Comment

Working...
                            X