Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Iran can't have nukes...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Iran can't have nukes...

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173491,00.html

    TEHRAN, Iran Iran's hard-line president called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (search) also denounced attempts to recognize Israel or normalize relations with it.

    "There is no doubt that the new wave (of attacks) in Palestine will wipe off this stigma (Israel) from the face of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad told students Wednesday during a Tehran conference called "The World without Zionism."

    "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, any (Islamic leader) who recognizes the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world," Ahmadinejad said.

    Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (search), who called for the destruction of Israel.

    "As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August.

    Ahmadinejad referred to Israel's recent withdrawal from the Gaza Strip (search) as a "trick," saying Gaza is part of the Palestinian territories and the withdrawal was meant to make Islamic states acknowledge Israel.
    It would probably be in the best interests of Israel to do something about Iran...I don't think this nutjob would hesitate in lobbing a nuke or two into Israel if he got his hands on them...

    Also, for those of you that don't like Fox News-

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9823624/
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

    ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

  • #2
    Anyone who can talk that casually about using a nuke shouldn't have one. Its time for the WORLD to fix (get rid of) this idiot and avoid a real mess.
    THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
    Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
    George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wannabepilot777
      Anyone who can talk that casually about using a nuke shouldn't have one. Its time for the WORLD to fix (get rid of) this idiot and avoid a real mess.

      And the idiots have spoken. Wait until you finish liberating Iraq first.
      YBBN - James

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by YBBN
        And the idiots have spoken. Wait until you finish liberating Iraq first.
        Being stupid and invading a country is one thing; threatening to non-culantly lob a nuke at another nation is quite a different matter. If you can't distinguish the difference, perhaps you need to recheck your thinking.
        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by YBBN
          And the idiots have spoken. Wait until you finish liberating Iraq first.
          Your right. It's better if the States finishes one thing before starting another. One illegal war at a time is enough thankyou very much.

          Comment


          • #6
            Who said anything about the US doing any of the fighting? All we would have to do would be loan Israel some of our tankers and maybe a few bombers to help out...
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

            ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

            Comment


            • #7
              Attacking Iran involves more politics and economics than military power in my opinion. They would have to rally support for EU (not only UK), Pakistan, and most importantly, the Middle East.

              Also, it can cause havoc in the oil industry...is USA or the allies willing to pay $100 + for each oil barrel?

              Note, I drag USA into this because they are ones who are really after Iran and IF Israel attacks Iran, then, no doubt, USA WILL be involved directly. Also, I don't think Israel or Iran will be able to pull this off because there are other countries in the way which they would have to pass...not all forces can be airlifted...what about ground troops?

              Would Iraq accept Iranian troops passing over her soil? Would Syria or Jordan accept Israel's?
              You only have one life...

              Make wise decisions and live freely.

              Comment


              • #8
                He said, "Israel must be wiped off the map". Are you missing the implications? This is a nation that desires nuclear weapons, and has shown an unwillingness to make wise choices in regards to them.

                Nobody is attacking Iran militarily, I don't think anyone could at this point. But the fact remains that Iran, and it's leader are quite possibly a new specter of evil.

                Israel is a nation just like yours and mine, and they were threatened with destruction by a nuclear wannabe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Greg
                  He said, "Israel must be wiped off the map". Are you missing the implications? This is a nation that desires nuclear weapons, and has shown an unwillingness to make wise choices in regards to them.

                  Nobody is attacking Iran militarily, I don't think anyone could at this point. But the fact remains that Iran, and it's leader are quite possibly a new specter of evil.

                  Israel is a nation just like yours and mine, and they were threatened with destruction by a nuclear wannabe.
                  I don't think the US has to be concerned about getting involved. I am sure the remarks got the attention of the government and military officials in Isreal and they are taking this seriously and will take matters into their own hands to protect themselves. Israel has done this before, and I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    bbuse,

                    USA is going to be concerned because USA has deep interest in the Israeli economy ie Intel, Boeing, and transfer of technology.

                    Also,
                    Greg and herpa2003,

                    I don't understand one thing, isn't Israel the one which has nukes? Is Iran really that stupid that they wanna play with fire? I mean, God knows, if they were to go on war today, Israel could nuke Iran if they wanted to while Iran doesn't even have a N.bomb...weird Irani thinking there.
                    You only have one life...

                    Make wise decisions and live freely.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Iran=Made idle threat against a country that poses no threat against it and hasn't done anything about it

                      US=Made threat and invaded a country that posed no threat against it within the last few years

                      that's all I got to say

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by screaming_emu
                        Iran=Made idle threat against a country that poses no threat against it and hasn't done anything about it

                        US=Made threat and invaded a country that posed no threat against it within the last few years

                        that's all I got to say
                        Not that I agree with going to Iraq the way we did, but when we are finished, there will still be an Iraq. If this guy had his way, an entire nation and its people will be "wiped off the face of the earth."

                        that's all I got to say
                        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                          Not that I agree with going to Iraq the way we did, but when we are finished, there will still be an Iraq. If this guy had his way, an entire nation and its people will be "wiped off the face of the earth."

                          that's all I got to say
                          I'm just sayin that after what we've been through lately, I dont see our government as any better than any of the "axis of evil" ok, minus norrth korea....but seriously I hate double standards and there's a huge one that exists in what we hold the rest of the world to compared to ourselves

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            I'm just sayin that after what we've been through lately, I dont see our government as any better than any of the "axis of evil" ok, minus norrth korea....but seriously I hate double standards and there's a huge one that exists in what we hold the rest of the world to compared to ourselves
                            There is a massive difference between on nation's government taking offense to and attacking another's (no matter what the reason) than a nation's governemnt taking offense to and attacking an entire people and the nation as a whole.
                            THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                            Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                            George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                              There is a massive difference between on nation's government taking offense to and attacking another's (no matter what the reason) than a nation's governemnt taking offense to and attacking an entire people and the nation as a whole.
                              Agreed 100%.

                              Sorry emu, but there really is no comparison between "wiping a country off of the map" and what we are doing in Iraq. We have lost soldiers in Iraq for civilians in Iraq when it would have been much easier for us to have just leveled the damn place and moved on.

                              Also,
                              Greg and herpa2003,

                              I don't understand one thing, isn't Israel the one which has nukes? Is Iran really that stupid that they wanna play with fire? I mean, God knows, if they were to go on war today, Israel could nuke Iran if they wanted to while Iran doesn't even have a N.bomb...weird Irani thinking there.
                              Agreed. I don't know what this Iranian guy's problem is. Maybe he was born with no common sense?
                              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

                              ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X