Woo Hoo...I am safe - for now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo...I am safe - for now...

Two weeks ago we had to submit our preferences to Atlanta for what we wanted in the upcoming layoffs taking effect February 1, and last week we got the final numbers...Due to the higher number of early retirements and voluntary furlough packages I get to keep my job, but only by the skin of my teeth - I am now the last person on the seniority list, but happy to still be on the list..lol...I have promised myself that I will still get back to school and complete my degree and continue to grow up..ugh!

So what little inside information I have access too I will still be able to post...

-wayne

when do you plan on starting your college search?

Comment

Originally posted by stlgph
      when do you plan on starting your college search?
      tact....get some

Comment

Good news holding onto your position. I came within 5 of getting laid off shortly after I joined Air Canada. It's nerve wracking.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          tact....get some
          what. you want me to beat around the bush with something like...

"gosh! that's great news! congratulations on still being able to work for Delta! everything's gonna be all right! don't you worry one bit! yee haw!"

please.

his days are numbered.

Comment

and I'm sure he knows that already, but you dont have to be a dick about it.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              and I'm sure he knows that already, but you dont have to be a dick about it.
              i'm not the dick. blame Delta Air Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by stlgph
                i'm not the dick. blame Delta Air Lines.
                Nice try but not even close. The point being made is that politeness go a long way. And don't count out the possibility of others leaving Delta, thus preserving him. Ok, so that's not all that likely since there are bound to be more layoffs, but your tone should still be different.

A better comment would have been "good for you, now apply to Hooters Air and jump ship ASAP"

-Sturla

Comment

Working...
                X