Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for clearing that up for me

Comment

Thanks for the interpretation for us casual observers Joe. We touched on it when I took meteorology in college but that was 5 years ago.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Still sunny, windy and cold on the Isle of Man And pictures have been taken

No idea what the METAR or TAF is.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
          I believe this would belong in the breifing forum JOe ?
          yeah, this wasn't originally supposed to be "learn how to read a TAF" it was originally just supposed to be me bitching about the weather here

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
            I believe this would belong in the breifing forum JOe ?

Btw.. Lovely morning in DAB

METAR: 091111Z 00000KT 1/2SM FG BKN001 17/16 A3017 RMK AO2

TAF: 090527Z 090606 00000KT 2SM BR FEW002 SCT020
            TEMPO 0608 1SM BR
            FM0800 00000KT 1SM BR BKN002
            TEMPO 0812 1/4SM FG VV001
            FM1200 00000KT 2SM BR BKN004
            TEMPO 1213 5SM BR
            FM1300 02005KT P6SM SCT020
            FM1700 05010KT P6SM SCT030 SCT250
            FM0000 00000KT P6SM SKC
            Never thought the TAF for DAY would look better than the one for DAB, minus the wind.

KDAY 091944Z 092018 24022G35KT P6SM SCT025 BKN060
            FM2000 29014G24KT P6SM SCT030
            FM0600 30012KT P6SM SKC
            FM1300 32014KT P6SM SCT030

I'll be there again starting Friday trying to wrap up my PPL training...which has taken too long already, IMO.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Why not start a thread in the Technical Forum on how to read a TAF?

Comment

Originally posted by Myriad
                Why not start a thread in the Technical Forum on how to read a TAF?
                that's a good idea. If nobody gets to it first I'll try to take care of that when I get home from work tonight.

Comment

Eew... That's some pretty bad weather

We caught the same crappy system yesterday too...and I think our TAF (for CYWG) was pretty much the same length...full of the usual crap, and there were 3 SPECI reports put out within two hours :P Stopped me pretty fast, I was thinking of getting into a Cherokee and busting out to the practice area (CYA404 on a Winnipeg area VNC or VTA) yesterday afternoon...but the weather put a stop to that pretty fast

Damn...first real snow of the year...time to get used to that crap :P

Comment

Originally posted by YWGJoe
                    Eew... That's some pretty bad weather

We caught the same crappy system yesterday too...and I think our TAF (for CYWG) was pretty much the same length...full of the usual crap, and there were 3 SPECI reports put out within two hours :P Stopped me pretty fast, I was thinking of getting into a Cherokee and busting out to the practice area (CYA404 on a Winnipeg area VNC or VTA) yesterday afternoon...but the weather put a stop to that pretty fast

Damn...first real snow of the year...time to get used to that crap :P
                    That was your first snow? We got ours the first or second week of october. I have a friend from Mordon, MB and he showed me pictures his parents took of his back yard covered in snow. Was only a couple inches for us but western ND got a couple feet.

Comment

Any luck with that TAF yet? i'm quite interested to learn how to read the WX reports...

Comment

Originally posted by Myriad
                        Any luck with that TAF yet? i'm quite interested to learn how to read the WX reports...
                        I promise I'll get that done sometime tonight. I just got back from work (ushering at a girls high school volleyball tournament) Nothing quite as relaxing as hearing high school girls scream for 4 hours After I've had some time to relax I'll definately get on it. I dont have class tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time.

Comment

Snowed in SYR today and is supposed to snow there tonight as well. I hate missing it. I'm sure that there will be plenty of snow to go around when (hopefully!) I get up there again...nothing beats a LES storm off of Lake Ontario. "Bald Eagle" anyone...?
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

as requested

Comment

Hows this for a SMALL TAF ?
                              I've Also Thrown the ATIS in for good measure

CHRISTCHURCH (NZCH)

ATIS ATIS NZCH T 1017
                              APCH: ILSDME
                              RWY: 02
                              SFC COND:
                              WND: VRB03
                              VIS: 40KM
                              CLD: FEW040
                              TT: 05
                              DP: 03
                              QNH: 1024
                              2000FT: F110/10

TAF TAF NZCH 261010Z 261212 03008KT 40KM SCT040

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                                That was your first snow? We got ours the first or second week of october. I have a friend from Mordon, MB and he showed me pictures his parents took of his back yard covered in snow. Was only a couple inches for us but western ND got a couple feet.
                                Yep, only about a month and a half late

Anyways, the real bad stuff got us again about a week and a half ago...a couple of feet falls, and everyone forgets how to drive. Three buses in the ditch on my street alone :P

Comment

Working...
                                X